Sign in to follow this  
Guest Big Jerry

PMDG 747 And CH Throttle Quadrant Calibration

Guest Big Jerry

I have just purchased the 747 Queen and am new to this or any other form so forgive me if I am posting to an incorrect place. I have followed this site for a while and remember a while back seeing a post that delt with calibrating the CH trottle quardrant. It had to do with how they were able to acheive reverse thrust with this quad. I do recall that he used Peter Dawson's FSUIPC, to help accompish this. I can't much passed this point. Any help with this is much appreciated.Thanks

Guest Buck Bolduc

>I have just purchased the 747 Queen and am new to this or any>other form so forgive me if I am posting to an incorrect>place. I have followed this site for a while and remember a>while back seeing a post that delt with calibrating the CH>trottle quardrant. It had to do with how they were able to>acheive reverse thrust with this quad. I do recall that he>used Peter Dawson's FSUIPC, to help accompish this. I can't>much passed this point. Any help with this is much>appreciated.>>>Thanks>>I purchased Pet Dawsons FSUIPC, the free version that comes with PMDG does not have the features needed.After registration, read the doc's.FS9 uses a different critaria for throttles. It's more of a trial & error routine.On page 3 of your FSUIPC you can set the parameters for throttle #1, if you check the box on page 1 to auto copy to Trottle 2,3 and 4 it will do so.I honestly believe my Quad is slightly defective. I got around it by tweaking the FSUIPC.cfg file. First I couldn't get reversers, next I got reversers that wouldn't shut off. Makes it hard to take off!Finaly got em working right, with the provisio that I launch PMDG with the throttles reversed?I will say landing with reversers is great!Luck

There is a way to setup the TQ for reverse thrust w/o FSIUPC. That's by using the CH control manager and writing a script. Took some researching but it works flawlessly.The same control manager can be used to map flaps, spoilers, gear levers to other axis. PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptor10KrpmHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke + TQ, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest Big Jerry

>There is a way to setup the TQ for reverse thrust w/o FSIUPC.> That's by using the CH control manager and writing a script. >Took some researching but it works flawlessly.>>The same control manager can be used to map flaps, spoilers,>gear levers to other axis. >>Pat>>>>AMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB>DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptor10KrpmHDD, TrackIR4,>CH FSYoke + TQ, XP-hsp2Thanks Pat for your response, you mentioned writing a script.My question is what did you use to write the script and where did youresearch for this information.Thanks Again

Guest Big Jerry

>>I have just purchased the 747 Queen and am new to this or>any>>other form so forgive me if I am posting to an incorrect>>place. I have followed this site for a while and remember a>>while back seeing a post that delt with calibrating the CH>>trottle quardrant. It had to do with how they were able to>>acheive reverse thrust with this quad. I do recall that he>>used Peter Dawson's FSUIPC, to help accompish this. I can't>>much passed this point. Any help with this is much>>appreciated.>>>>>>Thanks>>>>>>I purchased Pet Dawsons FSUIPC, the free version that comes>with PMDG does not have the features needed.>>After registration, read the doc's.>FS9 uses a different critaria for throttles. It's more of a>trial & error routine.>On page 3 of your FSUIPC you can set the parameters for>throttle #1, if you check the box on page 1 to auto copy to>Trottle 2,3 and 4 it will do so.>I honestly believe my Quad is slightly defective. I got around>it by tweaking the FSUIPC.cfg file. First I couldn't get>reversers, next I got reversers that wouldn't shut off. Makes>it hard to take off!>Finaly got em working right, with the provisio that I launch>PMDG with the throttles reversed?>I will say landing with reversers is great!>>Luck> >Thanks Buck, Guess I will try yours and Pat's recommedations.Should I come across a working solution I will it post back.Thanks Again

The TQ was in the closet for about 6 months before I broke down and started to fiddle with it--documentation was poor and I had no idea how to implement reverse thrust using the detents.Basicallly, you'll need to d/l CH control manager 4.0. A sites that discusses how to use this is http://www.ch-hangar.com/And there should be a pdf file in the general discussion forum called ch_products_control_manager_tutorial.pdf that discusses how to program the thing.Programming this thing is easy once you understand it, but documentation is not that great. The tutorial doesn't give you everything but CM script file should look lilke this when it's properly configured:// CMS Script File//// Game Title: FS9_744// Written By:// Date://%define IDLE_1 (js2.b16 and (js2.b17 or js2.b18) and (js2.b19 or js2.b20) and (js2.b21 or js2.b22))%define IDLE_2 (js2.b18 and (js2.b15 or js2.b16) and (js2.b19 or js2.b20) and (js2.b21 or js2.b22))%define IDLE_3 (js2.b20 and (js2.b15 or js2.b16) and (js2.b17 or js2.b18) and (js2.b21 or js2.b22))%define IDLE_4 (js2.b22 and (js2.b16 or js2.b17) and (js2.b17 or js2.b18) and (js2.b19 or js2.b20))%define ALL_REVERSED js2.b15 and js2.b17 and js2.b19 and js2.b21script cms.b1 = IDLE_1 or IDLE_2 or IDLE_3 or IDLE_4; cms.b2 = ALL_REVERSED;endScriptjs2 is the TQ, bX are buttons associated with the detent/back positions. Basically, each "idle" statement looks to see if the throttle levers are in detent or alreay in back (reverse thrust) position, and if all of them are, the ch manager sends a cms.b1 (defined in the map file as send "F1" for idle thrust). if all the levers are pulled back, then it sens cms.b2 (defined as "F2" for reverse thrust). This means reverse thrust happens only if all 4 levers are fully back, thrust is idle if all are in detent or at least one lever is not in the full back postion.I'm sure this is confusing. Anyway, take a look at the tutorial in that site and let me know if you have any questions.PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptor10KrpmHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke + TQ, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest Big Jerry

Pat: I have downloaded both the control manager and the tutorial and will give them a try. Your description of the proper script is very useful.Can't thank you enough

Hi Jerry,I uploaded my ch control manager profile for fs9 to the ch-hangar profile dl section,CH Hangar > Profiles > Civilian Sim ProfilesThe post is called "fs9 profile for PMDG744 w/ rev thrust."Just place the 2 files in your c:program filesch productscontrol managermaps dir, then load the map file using the ch control manager.-----The attached profile works with FS Sim Yoke + Throttle quadrant. 1. Reverse thrust if all 4 levers pulled back (must assign axis in FS9)2. TQ left lever for spoiler (must assign axis in FS9)3. TQ right lever for flaps (not axis, key stroke assigned to lever)4. yoke left lever for gear up/down 5. yoke middle lever mapped to autothrottle arm6. yoke right lever for a/p disco barother buttons mapped to F/D on/off, nav disp zoom, etc. This requires assigning the keys in the ch profile to the PMDG key assign map. This profile can be used for any a/c, for example, ex: if flying LDS763, just set throttles 3-4 full back while using 1-2. By the way, I assigned the TOGA key to the left toggle switch on the TQ, close to the throttle. The ch profile goes away when the computer is powered off so you have to load it each time with control manager (fact not clearly documented). If you want to have the profile loaded everytime the computer turns on, place the applet 'CMStart.exe' in your computer's startup folder.And when assigning the throttle axis/sensitivies in FS9, you'll want to do it twice. FS9 for some reason fails to take the assignments/ sensitivites settings so doing it twice ensures that you don't get a dead lever. Now, for the review of the CH throttle quad:1. really nice for multiengine, especially for the big jets like the PMDG744.2. diffential thrust makes taxing easier (not recommended in RW)3. flap lever is nice4. flight spoiler now possible with lever5. no interlock mechanism for all throttle levers so must pay attention to N1 gauge.6. adding min thrust just ahead of detent is trickyHope this will get you started. PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptor10KrpmHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke + TQ, XP-hsp2

Guest Big Jerry

Pat: I downloaded your ch control manager profile.My quad is do to arrive tommrrow but your help is on time and much appreciated. Bless You.