Sign in to follow this  
Guest marnet

New to PMDG - Questions

Guest marnet

Hello all! I'm brand new to PMDG as of December 2005. I have the 737NG (600, 700, 800, 900) and 747-400. Previously I was a religious PS1 flier (over 2500 hrs), mainly flying the ultra-long hauls. Now with FS2004 and PMDG I am awed by the scenery and fantastic flight model combination.Today, I got my CH Pro Yoke and Pedals, (USB). I can get all settings, trim, gear, flaps assigned to buttons, but cannot for anything get TOGA and Autopilot and Autothrottle disengage assigned. The buttons show in the assign windows, but they do not work. Anyone have any ideas?Also, getting use to the auotpilots and autothrottles. Mostly I hand fly in and out of airports. However, when landing, it seems difficult to reverse the engines by; autothrottle off, F1, F2 until engines reversed. Anyone have pointers?Look forward to many flights around the world in PMDG aircraft.Thanks! :-)Mark - KMSY

Because I also fly the PSS Airbusses and they utilise the '+ and -' keys on the numberpad, '+' for throttles closed and '-' for reverse thrust I have assigned the keys for this for ALL aircraft.This might help?The 'TOGA' switch is operated from the screw to the left on the top PFD.Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Hi Mark.I also have the CH setup, however I use a registered copy of FSUIPC for my key assignments, rather than the CH manager.With the A/T, ensure @ 50feet, your throttles are at full idle (maybe even create a "dead" spot), then hit F2 for reversers. Leave the A/T in arm as it will auto disengage with the reversers.