Sign in to follow this  
Guest A32X

Stutters, Slow down And Textures Reloading After 1hour

Guest A32X

Hi,I'm using the latest version of the 747. I'm experiencing after 40/60 minutes flight time a very noticable slow down. The textures in the VC constantly reload in roughly 10 second intervals and frame rates become noticably jumpy making landing almost impossible. My FPS was locked at 30. As soon as I noticed the slow down I change this value to 20. The textures stop reloading but after another 10mins the problem returns. Also with the FPS counter displayed it constantly jumps around. It's hit 77FPS (when locked at 20) and gone down to 4FPS.I have tried numerous flights running solely the 744 with a vanilla FS9. No weather/AI/ATC/Scenery etc...Here is my system;ASUS A8N-SLI DeluxeAMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+Geforce 6600GTIf you need any more information just ask and I'll do my best.Any help much appreciated,Paul

Guest A32X

After Googling my problem I think the culprit is the 6600GT. Has anyone else got this card?-Paul

Paul, have you updated FS9 (FS2004) to FS9.1? The reason I ask is that one of the problems the update patch addressed was the very problem you have, a slowing down of frame rate over time. This was caused by autogen continually adding more buildings, etc.If you haven't applied the update you'll find it on the MS Flight Sim site. :-) IainP.S. I have a 6600GT. Although I do not have the 747 I do have the 737NG and don't have this problem.

Guest A32X

Hi Iain,My FS9 shipped with Version 9.1 (build 40901.01) already on. I also don't fly with autogen on.-Paul