Sign in to follow this  
Guest quizkid

Steering goes eratic after landing 737NG-700

Guest quizkid

After I land successfully (auto-land), and apply thrust-reversers, the steering goes erratic, as though someone is turning the rudder, left then right back and forth. Is this supposed to mean the landing gear is broken? My brother has this same problem on his PC.

It most likely but not always means that you need to stear the aircraft on the ground. The 737 has no centerline guidence. If you have rudder peddels make sure they are correctly calibrated.PS~Please sign your name on PMDG's forum and take a brief minute to go over the forum rules located herehttp://forums.avsim.net/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=136&topic_id=91378&mesg_id=91378&page= Thank you and welcome to the forum...[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest pjholl

Its the autopilot. I had the same problem. Once your nose wheel has touched down and your thrust reversers are deployed, press the auto pilot disengage bar twice and the problem will go away!Hope this helpsPaul

Guest quizkid

Thanks. This solved it. The nose wheel stopped oscillating. Do we have a clue if this is a bug or a feature? Dan Wheeler

Guest Spader

This didn't solve my problem. When I touched down, I had that problem, so I hit the disengage bar twice, and it stopped going back and forth, but it started to just turn to the right, and I had a big problem getting the plane down the taxiway.

Guest afluhart

I think what happens is that if you have a slight crosswind approach the a/p adjusts the rudder trim but doesn't "reset" it. When I have that problem I just turn off the number lock and hit "5" on the number pad and that will zero out all your control surfaces.

Check and see after your A/P disengages if your throttles are controlling both engines (look at your N1s as you increase thrust). On a manual A/P disengage I recall a problem with that. In FSUIPC I assigned a hot key combo to resync the throttles. I don't recall if hitting F1 to idle both engines cured the problem.This applies when you disconnect the A/T A/P before touchdown and reduce thrust on wheel contact only one engine would reduce.Something like that.

Guest planeman223

Do you always use autoland?Alex

Guest Spader

Um, I just figured out that there was an autoland.

Frequently but not all the time :)If visibility permits but winds are gusting/ particularly a heavy crosswind, you can exceed autoland capabilities.Another discussion but within FS9 aircraft do not slip very well nor come out of a crosswind correcting crab for a wing low nose straight touchdown.