Sign in to follow this  
Guest pjholl

Can all 744 users try this?

Guest pjholl

In my experience the 744 crashes EVERYTIME I attempt to land OR takeoff off from Innsbruck (LOWI). Im not sure if its the surface of the runway thats the problem, but I cannot get the big bird to over 100kts without a "CRASH" occuring.It happens in all three engine variants and only in the PMDG747-400.Just wondered if it was a universal problem or just me?Thanks to anyone who can help. Its not like I plan on flying to LOWI everyday I just wonder why it wont let me land or takeoff?ThanksPaul.

It's a subtle way of telling you that Innsbruck's runway is incapable of servicing a 747. ;)Karsten

Guest clearofconflict

Just tried it.... happens to me too.Joe

Hi allsorry to disagree with you karsten, but I am a member of BAVirtual and there is a flight with number BA3001 from LOWI to EGSS in a B74F Cargo and As PMDG have not released the B74F yet the nearest I can get to fly this is with the B744 and a lot of imagination, but I have completed the flight several times in the B744 even though it surprised the Vatsim controller but it worked ok for me and is a real world flight for the cargo version, assuming that BAV is accurate in its published data.I have just looked at my log and the last time i flew this route was 7th January.regardsJohn CallejaBAW352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Well I can imagine with minimum load it should be possible.The runway is after all 6500 feet long. But it doesn't seem very cost effective to haul cargo out of there with a 747, considering that you can't use her full load capacity.Could be an interesting test flight once the 747F is out.Karsten

Guest pjholl

ummm....interesting!Wonder whats causing it?Paul

Guest Raphouille

>I have completed the flight several>times in the B744 even though it surprised the Vatsim>controller but it worked ok for me and is a real world flight>for the cargo version, assuming that BAV is accurate in its>published data.Hello, I can assure you that LOWI is NOT a real 74F world cargo destination.Many cargo fligths in the BAV OSP are just here to give some "funny"destinations usually not flow by BA passengers schedule.Best regards,Rapha

Hi Raphael.Thanks for that information as all this is about learning. Obviously the concorde flights on the schedules are there for the enthusiasts but I had no idea that some were just "funnies" to amuse people like me who thought I had joined a "real as it gets" VA. Well it sure fooled me, and I have over 500 flying hours with them. Think I will drop them an e-mail and ask them to somehow identify which are actual flights and which are amusement flights so that I don't mislead anyone. So thanks again for the info, if I find anything useful to add i will resurect the thread. But just for the original posters info I have flown successfully from LOWI in the PMDG 744regardsJohn CallejaBAW352

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Guest wisborg

>In my experience the 744 crashes EVERYTIME I attempt to land>OR takeoff off from Innsbruck (LOWI). Im not sure if its the>surface of the runway thats the problem, but I cannot get the>big bird to over 100kts without a "CRASH" occuring.At least in the AFCAD file I have installed (have an add-on scenery for LOWI) the surface is bituminus.I have experienced the exact same issue in Nadi Intl. (NFFN, Fiji), and Singapore has also been reported to give problems. In the fourth attempt, I actually managed to land, but there were no way to take-off (this probably has something to do with the weight difference).Also landing with other planes in airports with this surface the result has been a very bumby ride.As far as I have understood from other discussions on the net, the problem comes from bituminus not being modelled correctly in FS2004. As far as I've understood, bituminus should have characteristics very similar to that of asphalt (correct me if I am wrong).My solution is to change the surface to asphalt for those airports./ Jesper

Guest gnapp71

hi jesper i'm fabio from romei've the same problem 'bituminus' in ciampino and venice airport,crash at 100kts.... your solution seems very interestingbut i don't know how to change a surface of an airport..thankshave a nice fly.

Guest gnapp71

thank you mike i'm going to try afcad221!!!!!!have fun....cleared to land 35R...hi