Sign in to follow this  
Guest n747kl

Product Request (747-100/200)

Guest n747kl

I am extremely satisfied with the 747-400 product. I would love to see a 747 classic version with full steam guage cockpit. Hopefully I'm not the only one who has asked for this.Kevin

Guest n747kl

I already own that (at least the first version). While it is a good product, I have a few problems with it:- It has "analog tape" guages instead of steam guages for engine instruments. - the models (visual and flight) are not as good as PMDG- Overall it is not quite up to the quality, accuracy and completeness of the PMDG products. One could say Microsoft already had 747-400 so why make another one. There is always room for improvement.Kevin

> One could say Microsoft already had 747-400 so why make another one. There is always room for improvement.With respect Kevin I'm not sure I follow this theory.The MS 747-400 was one of the less well-modelled stock aircraft in the sim, 'off the shelf'. No advanced simmer would waste a moment on it, and as such it was always going to be a prime target for re-modelling within the sim.By comparison the RFP offering is (by your own statement) a good product. While it is true that there is always room for improvement I imagine that the market for a 747-200 is smaller as most users who want one will have purcahsed RFP and would be less likely to purchase another offering of the same aircraft if it only offered marginal improvements.I'm not trying to critiscise your request or anything, I too would like to see a 747-200 of PMDG quality but the fact is there were very good reasons to upgrade the 747-400 from the stock aircraft, and not so many good reasons to add another 747-200 into the mix.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest BodoM

>I already own that (at least the first version). While it is>a good product, I have a few problems with it:>>- It has "analog tape" guages instead of steam guages for>engine instruments. Why is that a problem? The tape engine gauges were a special development for the socalled KSSU-fleet in the early 70's. RFP V1 were equipped with them only, that's right.RFP V2 though has anlog engine gauges as an option besides the tape gauges.___________________________Best RegardsCpt. Bodo M

I understood that the tape style gauges available on the 200 were designed at the request of a number of airlines who had aircrew transitioning off the DC-10 and other types that had tape gauges.I for one always wondered why the 744 had the tape style readings exclusively as it was against the trend of the other Boeing products produced at the time. I prefer the round dial format myself.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest n747kl

>I already own that (at least the first version). While it is>a good product, I have a few problems with it:>>- It has "analog tape" guages instead of steam guages for>engine instruments. I stand corrected, I just checked their site and the "2nd generation" does indeed have analog gauges.I'd still very much like to see (and would pay for) what PMDG could do with the -200.

Why reinvent the wheel?? :-hmmm______________________________________Rob YMA002 - Compass Airlines Australia - a new direction!2846.png

Rob Grant
Compass Airlines - Stretch Your Wings Australia

>Why reinvent the wheel?? :-hmmm>______________________________________>Rob >>YMA002 - Compass Airlines Australia - a new direction!>2846.pngFor reason's that were already stated.

I have seen no valid reason already stated, IMHO. Those stating opinions, should first familiarize themselves with the product.>>Why reinvent the wheel?? :-hmmm>>______________________________________>>Rob >>>>YMA002 - Compass Airlines Australia - a new direction!>>2846.png>For reason's that were already stated.