Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raptor

About Painting !

Guest Raptor

Helloeveryone knows about 747-400 PaintKit,but how to paint correctly?Especially (PMDG_747_FUSE_RIGHT_T) and (.._.._.._LEFT_..)After painting YOU MUST Resize&Edit 'em from 2944 x 340 pixel to 1024 x 1024 ,isn't?fromhttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/140519.jpgtohttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/140520.jpgbut how to cut it correctly ?!?!?!?I couldn't do it even with Photoshop.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/140522.jpgwiting for replies.Abraham .R

I asked once regarding painting in this forum. Won't get a reply probably. I personally have Corel Photo Paint. After painting the plane I would open both my current repaint and that PMDG bmp you have in your post. Then after much trial and tribulation you'll get it right. Maybe miss a pixel or 2. Important is that you do not misalign them by one pixel, otherwise you get what you have and you can start counting all over. Use the windows as clues. How many pixel lines of window is showing. You copy right to that same spot and paste in the other BMP.Xander

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

I'll post a quickie guide later once I get home from work.

Guest Robin.B

1. Copy the entire painted fuselage.2. Paste it in the Fuselage Template as a new layer.3. Place the the thing you just pasted roughly over the front part of the aircraft in the template. You pasted the whole fuselage there, but the unused parts of the aircraft will be off the screen anyway once you align it with the front.4. Set the new layer's mode to Multiply5. Now you can see both what you've just pasted and the layers below. Align what you pasted with the front fuselage so that the rivets look tack sharp and everything is in place.6. Set the layer mode back to normal7. Repeat this for each part of the fuselage8. Flatten all Layers and save as a BMP file :)

Guest Raptor

I'll wait for you Pete :)I'll try yours later captain Robin.Bthank you

In a nutshell...Once you've completed your artwork, flatten then select all and copy.Open the 747400_Fuse_Cut_Template and paste your artwork in the 'paste fuselage here' layer. Using your magic wand tool select the green or front section of the template, hide all layers except your artwork layer. Make your artwork layer the active layer and with the 'marching ants' surrounding the front section of your artwork, copy. Open the 747400_Fuse_Layout_Template and paste. Make the opacity of your newly pasted layer around 70% and align with the underlaying section, using windows, doors or fuse lines to aid alignment. Reset the opacity to 100% once you're satisified with the alignment.Repeat these steps for the middle and rear sections of your livery and repeat fot the right side. Once in FS, your livery should be aligned.Good Luck.

Guest Raptor

That's better ........ thnak you Capt. Pete