Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foizman

744 CDU V2 vs. MCP | Scratchpad | XFEEDPUMPS

Guest Foizman

Hi captains,I searched the forum for my questions but didn't find it so far, so here they are:1. During the FINAL COCKPIT PREPARATION I must intialize the "Takeoff Data". Finally I press LSK1R to LSK3R to get v1,vr and v2 (eg. 141kn) in bold letters. So, do I enter the displayed v2 (141kn)into the MCP IAS/MACH or do I enter the "v2+10" (151kn)?2. Is there a "secret" way to enter data into the CDU-scratchpad by using the keyboard. This would go faster3. fuel 120k rule: if there is less than 120.000 lbs fuel onboard is it right to switch ON the BOOST PUMPS, OVERRIDE PUMPS, CENTER WING PUMPS, STABILIZER PUMPS and CLOSE the CROSSFEED #1 und #4?Sorry, if this question has been answered 1000 times so far: I haven't found it in the forum.greets,Foizman

Guest Robin.B

1. It might be airline procedure as I've seen both being entered. I enter V2 + 10.2. Yep, press the vertical bar near the middle right edge of the FMC, next to the buttons.3. AFAIK you don't need the Override pumps in the air in any case. Switching on/off the Center pumps depends on the fuel left in them, not the total fuel you have.

With respect to point 1. I find that V2+10 works best, I used to enter V2 itself but even with derated thrust on takeoff you needed a very rapid rate of rotation off the runway to avoid blowing through the V2 target airspeed. Setting the MCP to V2+10 means that using the prescribed rate of rotation in the manual puts you bang on that target airspeed once you are established in the initial climb attitude. It works so well it's scary!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest D17S

MCP airspeed setting for Takeoff: V2 vs V2+(X)I thoroughly agree. And here comes the thinking. . . in painful detail! V2+10 . . . all the way.Initial climb airspeed (V2) is one of my favorite bones to chew on. There's so much going on in such a short amount of time. It's just fascinating (to those of us that want to understand . . . and not just 'believe'). V2(+0) is the MCP