Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

PMDG News Roundup 30JAN06

Guest steveduemila

Well done PMDG!!!!But...........please......... for all folks that bought Engravity CDU, tell us if there is news about drivers.....please!:-)Thank to all PMDG!Stefano

Guest neilb

Why are people requesting a patch, that they're willing to pay for, when they don't even know the cost of the 744F yet.Just when you think you've seen everything from the FS "community"...

There is however, a major problem with the 744PAX. What about the FUEL-Disagree PROG-2 problem? I think this is a MAJOR problem with the PAX. Robust, robusted.Tom

Guest Jeffreymg

I also love flying this great aircraft but I also am still waiting for a tutorial so I can fly the right way.I have asked in the past and was told months ago that 12 was already written and was about 80 pages and the rest would be along soon.I do not want to ruffle coattails again but would like some information on release if possible? JeffG

Wannabe knowledge? What exactly is that anyhow? :-roll Its been stated by more than one developer that Airbus isn't willing to help anyone make an FS plane, and that Gulfstream is hateful towards the sim community. This is just information that other developers have stated when asked about those specific planes. I'm just repeating what I've read more than once. Regardless of that, it's not necessary to be a jerk when posting an opposing view.

- Chris

Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | Intel Core i9 13900KF | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB | 64GB DDR5 SDRAM | Corsair H100i Elite 240mm Liquid Cooling | 1TB & 2TB Samsung Gen 4 SSD  | 1000 Watt Gold PSU |  Windows 11 Pro | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Thrustmaster TCA Captain X Airbus | Asus ROG 38" 4k IPS Monitor (PG38UQ)

Asus Maximus VII Hero motherboard | Intel i7 4790k CPU | MSI GTX 970 4 GB video card | Corsair DDR3 2133 32GB SDRAM | Corsair H50 water cooler | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB SSD (2) | EVGA 1000 watt PSU - Retired

Gents-Thanks for the comments. There seems to be quite a bit of concern that the 400Pax has been somehow written off or forgotten.... It strikes me as a bit funny. :-) The 400 is only the most important product we have ever produced......Guys- no worries- no panic. As I stated before- there is nothing currently in the pipeline for the 400Pax simply because all attention is focused on the 400F.... When the 400F is done and out- THEN we'll take a look at the entirely of the 400Pax and determine if there are things we should prepare for those customers who aren't interested in the 400F....That decision will not be made until after the 400F is released. (Possibly a few months later...)Lets be clear tho- if we update the 400Pax- it's not a pay-for-patch and it'll likely be a very very small update. (We don't do that, in case you hadn't noticed. ;-)) Nor will it include any of the new features that we are adding to the 400F.So don't get confused- the 400F is a unique product with a broad list of new features and additions, and in my opinion it's a better expansion to the 747-400 than the 8/900 was to the 737 series.... Yes- it will contain some fixes that the 747-400 might also get later- but that's the benefit of an evolving product line....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Captains!Good afternoon! The following is an information roundup for the week, just to tie up a few loose ends and squash some rumors that have been started/furthered during the course of the week....**PMDG 747-400F Beta Testing**: This product is still in beta testing. We are currently preparing a third beta release for the testing team that will include a number of enhancements and fixes for items that they have sqawked to us during the past few weeks. Obviously this beta process is less intensive than that which was required for the full version of the airplane- but there are so many varied changes that we are taking a slow and methodical approach to this release.Specifically, there are so many changes required to the autoflight system, the FMC/CDU and and the autothrottle logic in order to incorporate the engine models for the Rolls Royce and Pratt engines that the potential for really ugly problems is not to be ignored.We have also added a number of refinements to the airplane that are found only in the 400UF and not in the passenger 400- and as such we want to ensure that we haven't inadvertently broken anything during the development process.No release date information is available on this product as of today- but we are getting close. :-)**PMDG MD-11 Alpha Testing**: We are still working with the same alpha version as we announced earlier. Our technical advisory team has been providing mountains of feedback- and this takes some time to cull through and begin the process of updating/changing/adding new functionality. Vin is well at work on the VC development, although as I stated in mid January- I do not expect you will see this work in screenshots for some time yet..... Work continues. :-)***PMDG Future Product Announcement***: We have our workplan layed out for the future- but we are not quite ready to fill you in. When we make this announcement finally- we will give you details on what to epect during the transition to FSX, and beyond.... 2006 is looking to be an exciting year!**Future Updates for the 400 Passenger**: There was some panic a bit earlier today when Lefteris made some comments on our future upate plans for the 400 PAX version. I removed the comments because they were out of context. To be clear- currently we are not developing anything new for the 400Pax airplane. We issued a very robust and rather generous update package a few months back- and we are very happy with the results! Since we are not currently working on the PMDG 747-400 Passenger aircraft- it is obviously easy to say that we do not have any future update/release plans for this airplane. This may/may not change after the 400F is released but we do not anticipate anything changing in the months ahead....Phrased more simply: Right now we aren't planning anything for the 400Pax - because everything we are doing is related to the 400F.Some of you who have been around awhile may recall that when we released the 737-8/900 we added a bunch of new features/fixes and benefits that you didn't get with the base package of the 737-6/700. This product integration will be no different. The 400PAX is a mature product that we are very happy with- especially after the last (and rather significant!) update- and we want to give you as much value as possible in a purchase of the 400F.It is our hope that the 400F will make the entire PMDG 747-400 package that much more enjoyable that- thus providing our customers with a good reason to purchase this expansion package for our flagship product!Some folks have asked if we will be releasing PAX and CARGO versions of the MD11 aircraft as separate products. I haven't an answer for you at this time- as it's something we haven't gotten far enough along to really consider.... Given the small size of the fleet and the relative popularity of this airplane with Cargo haulers- it seems to me at this point that you'll get them all at once- so make room in the hangar. :-)Okay- enough rambling form me tonight- I hope you all are well!

Guest Pilot26EF

Whew! Ok, thank you Robert for clarifying. Some of the other responses to this concern have been somewhat misleading in places I think, however, your explanation is much clearer and definitely helps calm my concerns. I can certainly understand concentrating all of your efforts right now on the 747-400F variant, and I am SURE that it will be an amazing product with many surprise features to keep all of us very busy for quite some time to come. I am in no serious rush to receive any kind of update for the 747PAX, my concern was just that it would not be "shelved", if you will. My belief with ANY good product from any good company, such as PMDG, is that patience is almost always well worth the wait, as I am sure it will be with PMDG's products as well. Keep up the great work guys. I know you are busting *** to get these products working as accurately as possible, and at the same time, looking great, and being as frame-rate friendly as possible, while at the same time, minimizing bugs and conflicts. Whew... I am tired just thinking about all of that!Again, that you for your explanation. It makes ME feel alot better.Kevin M. Stoffel

Robert,Thanks for updating us on the 747F-status, but could you please tell us something more about the Engravity CDU-drivers... ?

I have had seen the comercialLevel right now...and oops!!! looks very poor..... the VC is a joke!!!!!!Thx Thorbj

Tom-If I had information beyond what was already provided, I would have given it to you when you tacked the first question to one of my posts....Same state as I mentioned before.

Guest carlonch

Hi PMDG masters,I don

Guest Matthias1975

Do you have any link or a quote of such a statement especially from Gulfstream??No it