Sign in to follow this  
jfri

The boxed version of the Queen

I have the boxed version of the PMDG 737 800/900 and I would like to now if I also get two printed manuals with the Queen as I did for the 737NG? One of them was a FMC manual. Maybe the Queen has identical FMC to the 737NG and therefore an identical printed manual?If not how much does the 737NG and Queen FMC differs? Can I use what I have learnt about the 737NG FMC in the Queen?Jan Friberg

No you cannot use the same manuals for the FMC since they differ greatly. You can take "some things" that you have learned though from the 737 FMC but you will find out pretty qucik that the AFDS is quite different in modes and what you would expect coming from the 737. Some of the things alike would be SPD and ALT INTERVENTION, FLCH,V/S at least in function. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Hi JanI have the boxed version of the Queen and I can confirm that it has two manuals, a general one and one about the FMCIn addition I advise you to download the 'Smith tutorial' from http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/index.htm . This will help you to get started from cold and dark and being in the air very quickly.See you, Jan

Guest AJ

By the way, will the boxed version of the -400 be compatible with the download version of -400F, or should these customers wait for a boxed version of the -400F?Andrew

Guest Jock in a Frock

>Hi Jan>>I have the boxed version of the Queen and I can confirm that>it has two manuals, a general one and one about the FMC>The boxed manuals are cut-down introductory manuals, and the full 380-odd pacge manual is a PDF file which is installed with the plane.I made use of my office's laser printer to print this out (yeah, like I'm gonna pay for the ink to print out that lot!). ;-)Andy Scholes