Sign in to follow this  
Guest fsdave

Flight help

Guest fsdave

I am using the PMDG 747-400 I want to do an IFR flight from EGPH (Edinburgh) to EGLL (Heathrow). I have found a route on http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ and it was "EGPH SID DCS UN615 HON STAR EGLL". I then found the 'TLA 5G' SID - http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/aer...es/32PH0602.PDF and the 'BNN 3A STAR - http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/aer...es/32LL0702.PDF 1) I then entered DCS UN615 HON into the FMC and chose the SID from the Dep/Arr page and i flew the SID fine. However after the SID, the route discontinued and i don't know why. Anyone know why, am i entered the route wrong? 2) Also, i was wondering if you enter the STAR into the FMC or whether you fly it using the VORs and NDBs? Thanks for any input

'It's not unusual', as Tom Jones would tell you, though he was crooning about the babes and not FMC discontinuities, one imagines.A standard preflight procedure once the route is entered is to go to the LEGS page and clear any route discontinuities. To do this, click on the key to the left of the leg that follows the break, this copies the waypoint into the scratchpad. Then click the key to the left of the discontinutity and the plan below the break will shift up into place.Say we have a set of legs as follows with a discontinuity, waypoints are fictional (I hope!)YUBOB□□□□□FUDMARINGOSTARRBEATL(Hopefully you should see the 5 squares between YUBOB and FUDMA)You would simply click on the line select key (LSK) to the left of FUDMA, that copies FUDMA into the scratchpad. Then click on the LSK immediately above it (ie next to the □□□□□ )The rest of the plan moves up into place and the EXEC key light comes on. Hit EXEC and the plan is tidied up.You can expect to find a DISCON around the SID or STAR and anywhere that the route makes a substantial heading change (not sure what the actual angle is)EDIT: To those who now have "It's not unusual" by Tom Jones going on a loop in their head, I am SO SO sorry. If it's any consolation I'm going to be stuck with it for at least a few hours. Dum, da-da. Dum, da-da. Dum, da-da. Dum, da-da...

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

You did not connect HON with an arrivial point that linked to HON. In some cases chosing an arrivial with a TRANSITION will give you a connecting point, in this case it looks like HON is exacly that. If there are no trans points off of the arrivials that are linked to HON, simply DIR TO from HON to whatever arrivial point the star you chose has listed. The FMC will link these automatically because it knows they are the same wpt.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|