Sign in to follow this  
Guest petepawn

What's wrong with Active Sky6 or PMDG.. ?

Guest petepawn

Hi all! I bought in the very early January this year the NG 800-900 enchancement and have been enjoying flying with it..Today I bought Active Sky6 and of course installed it.. I did not trigger with it too much and tested it with F1 Cessna.. ok.Then I tried 3 times to fly with Boeing 737 from PMDG. Every try ended in the end of the loading the flight with that beloved black screen.. and in every case the error message named a file "737ng-main.gau" (or sth like that) to be the guilty. After this I rebooted my machine and did a good flight with your 738 without running my brand new AS (as I was in hurry to be in scheduled time in VATSIM). Now.. I had AS6 running before starting FS9.. is that the correct way?Is there (I don't believe) incompatability between these two add-ons?I will post this ( with small changes) to AS Support forum as well as I with rapid search couldn't find similar topics in either of the forums.Thanks in advance.Petteri PulkkinenFinland

I run AS6 with all 737NG models as packaged by Aerosoft. I have not had issues as you describe.I run with in FS9.cfg render to texture = 0 which means I can not use the DXT clouds that come with AS6 but use the 32 bit version. Perhaps you have a conflict there.Also be aware that with the introduction of more detailed weather, cloud formations, etc., you may be using more resources between AS6 clouds and the demands of the PMDG models. Note that there is also a possibility in your various scenery add-ons that in certain areas at a specific season you can get a crash as well with certain textures.

Guest Hawkeyeted

Petteri,Try reinstalling the PMDG 737. I had a very simliar experience (not related to AS.6) in which the PMDG 737 would crash FS when trying to load. Reinstalling the 737 fixed the issue.I knows its a pain to reinstall stuff, but it should fix your problem.

Guest petepawn

Hi and thx for response.. I tried today again with a PMDG 737NG add-on, but started from EDDM (Munich, GAP version)instead, and had no problems.. I think that my previous CTD's were actually caused and/or influenced by Zurich 2002 (updated for FS9) scenery.. even if I first suspected some gauge to be incompatable with the AS.So maybe it is fine now.. Sad that there are no newer version for LSZH..Petteri PulkkinenFinland

Guest petepawn

Hi again.. Sorry to bother you but the same phenomenon as yesterday occured twice today - and in the very default scenery of EDDV (Hannover) - twice attempted to load a flight with a PMDG plane (739), but both times it crashed in the end of the loading - and the "reason" was PMDG_737ng_main.gau...So I flew my VATSIM flight to EDDM without AS.. then I continued from EDDM with AS "connected" or "running" with no problems, and finally saw very beautiful clouds - and a real 0-meter visibility in Graz.Well this gauge error is beginning to make me consider re-installing the PMDG's, but is there sth else I should know.. ?My comp normally copies very well with add-ons (XP3000+, 1,256Gb, Radeon 9800Pro etc...), so I can't imagine that loading a FS def airport could ruin my flight (as they seem to start very well from GAP1 Munich..).RegardsPetteri PulkkinenFinland

Guest brettdonahue

Two thoughts come to my mind, is the 737 up to the latest version and the AS6 as well? I know that I have had wind issues with AS6 of recently. I think that AS6 released a patch not more then two weeks ago and I think that if you purchased your 737 more then a year and a half that there was an update as well. Bretthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

As noted today on the AS6 support forfum here on AVSIM.In your ASGraphics option screen turn off keep ASG Running With AutoSubmit On. It appears since SU2 there appears to be a memory leak. Since that can drain resources possibly even on a flight load, that may help.I would also insure FSUIPC is at version 3.53 which may be used by some gauges. Be sure AS6 installs did not place an earlier version.

Guest petepawn

Thanks.. today I had time for only one flight.. PMDG NG (of course) and from Swedeflights ESMS (Malm

Guest Hawkeyeted

Petteri,Reinstall the NG. As I mentioned, I was experiencing the same thing you were. After the fresh reinstall, everything worked as it is supposed to.

Guest petepawn

Hi!As I told before, I am considering a re-install of the PMDg, but now: If you've read the earlier postings in this topic... I tried again going to Lszh (Zurich).. my intention after the last CTD's was first to try with NG and if there's again a CTD, to try with a default 737: Everything was allright.. I did a flight from Zuerich with no hassle. Then (this weekend) I have made several flights both on-line & off-line from different European airports (most of them add-ons) and all has gone very well.. I've yet to test Hannover (EDDV) which is as I told before a very default FS9 scenery.But if there will be new problems, I will follow your advice and re-install the PMDG's.Petteri PulkkinenFinland

Guest petepawn

Ok. New information which is - to say the least - quite confusing.During the weekend I had many good flights with the combim

Guest Erups

Am i correct in assuming that each time you got the CTD it happened when you loaded a previously saved flight?Maybe the problem lays there: in the weather info saved with the flight.You said you bought the 800/900 expansion.Maybe the saves done before the 800/900 are not compatible with version 1.3.Only guesses.

Guest petepawn

Thanks for answering, but no, I never load a previously saved flight..I mean that all the "black screens" have occured after I "create a flight" and the push the "fly now" -button.. and the flight starts to load.. it goes every time to 99% and crash.Petteri Pulkkinen

Guest Erups

>Thanks for answering, but no, I never load a previously saved>flight..>>I mean that all the "black screens" have occured after I>"create a flight" and the push the "fly now" -button.. and the>flight starts to load.. it goes every time to 99% and crash.>>Petteri PulkkinenMaybe the old DXT texture problem?IF you try to use DXT textures but do not have "render to texture" turned on, FS will crash.Since it could well be AS6 that is using DXT textures, you could have not seen this before.Try enabling this option if it is not already enabled.

Guest petepawn

Some news again :)I succeedeed in flights with PMDG and ASV from the airports I had problems with.. sometimes .. sometimes not - and every time the fault was the same gauge and always just in the of loading the flight..Then I decided to fly (in vatsim & hurry) without AS. I loaded the the flight first - and after that loaded the AS. No problems anymore.Even if the instructions in the AS forum tell tostart the AS first.Petteri PulkkinenFinland