Sign in to follow this  
Guest dornier27

PUSH BACK OPTION

Guest dornier27

Hello could you tell me how to push back an airplane from PMDG? Many Thanks in advance

Guest JTH

Here's a related question.Regarding the way in the 744 that one has to input the distance and degree of pushback in the comm panal, is this how a pilot would do it in real life? Or would they just say vocally to the ground guy "back 15 metres, right 90 degrees" or whatever?Just curious... thanks.

Guest dt1951

A little note to consider. The left or right deisgnation tells you which way the TAIL will go, not the nose.

Guest thscholz

>A little note to consider. The left or right deisgnation>tells you which way the TAIL will go, not the nose.Isn't it the other way around? As far as I know the angle left or right is where the aircraft nose will point to after pushback.CheersThomas

the pushback feature on the PMDG744 will move the nose left or right. If you use the FS command of SHIFT+P+1 or SHIFT+P+2 will move the TAIL left or right

Guest dornier27

many thanks to you. i appreciate this help. carsten

In R/L the pushback crew pushes the aircraft back following the yellow taxi line and then to a position where:-The aircraft is facing towards the desired direction of taxi-The aircraft can start its taxi without the breakaway thrust level damaging anything behind the aircraft.-Any remaining pre-taxi procedures can be carried out without holding anyone up. Normally it's a matter of going 30 or 40 metres back and turning through 90 degrees but sometimes a tug will take you well clear of the parking stands.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest adesmith

I can't enter any figures into the push back boxes on the PMDG B747-400, what am I forgetting to do, or doing wrong?

Guest dornier27

many thanks to you guys. rgds carsten

>I can't enter any figures into the push back boxes on the>PMDG B747-400, what am I forgetting to do, or doing wrong?You need to right-click the button in the centre on the pushback area and two boxes will illuminate in white. You can change the figures then

Guest Foizman

hi there,question 1: I can't find the pushpack panel in the VC? Is this right?question 2: the DISTANCE is in which unit (meters oder inches)? If we suppose a total lenght of the Queen of about 70 meters and I enter 70 and press the middle button (eg distance: 70, angle: 90r) the airplane is pushedbacked anywhere but not the supposed length of a 744. Can't find the relationship between "70", the length of the plane and that what happens when I watch the pushpack in the bird's-eye view.question 3: Yesterday I tried some distance variations and found out, when I enter distance=0 angle=90R the plane pushedbacks in a circle but does not stop!! It did some full 360

When I worked for AAL in Miami quite a few years ago, we just pushed the aircraft back into the alley with room to start and taxi. The pilot never told us where with the exception of a few distant gates where they would tell us either Tail north or tail south to correspond with traffic flow and the near by taxi way. Didn't pay worth a crap, but it sure was a fun job :-)Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Guest thscholz

>When I worked for AAL in Miami quite a few years ago, we just>pushed the aircraft back into the alley with room to start and>taxi.>Scott,maybe this is a dumb question (and a bit off topic):You say that you worked for AAL in Miami. Isn't the ground staff employed by the airport?BTW, maybe you pushed back our aircraft one of the times I was in Miami.:-) CheersThomas

No, we worked for AAL. Ramp was contracted out overseas, but not in Miami.Scott

Kendall S Mann

Still Telling Pilots Where To Go!!

Guest thscholz

Thanks for the clarification.CheersThomas