Sign in to follow this  
Guest petandr

PMDG 747 FMC; FS Flight Plan

Guest petandr

Hi!(PMDG 747-400 delivered Jan 31th)1. After Take Off the FMC doesn't create a proper rate of climb or Vertical Speed, climbs and descends, doesn't hold Alt, exceeds the Alt entered in the MCU, missed the VNav ...What's wrong? Before Take Off everything is programmed according to the manual. I have only with the PMDG 747 this problems.Help?2. I can't type Flight Plan datas from FS-Flight Planner: Messages from the FMC: "invalid entry", "not in database" How can I solve this problem?ThanksPeter

Hi Peter,More info required here.Please confirm that:-You are entering all the route and performance data into the FMC exactly as per the manual? There should be no boxes (□□□□□) anywhere in the FMC pages-You have cleared any discontinuities from the LEGS page before activatign the flightplan?-You have set the altitude on the MCP panel (the autopilot in other words) as well as in the FMC?-You have set the V2 airspeed plus 10 knots in the Speed window on the MCP?As for the flightplans question bear in mind that PMDG plans are a different format to the default FS planner. There are some flight plans that come with the aircraft, they are in your FS PMDG/Flightplans folder.If any of this sounds unclear let us know.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Is there any way you can convert FS9 flight plans or FSNav flight plans to the PMDG format? Or how do I create a flightplan in PMDG format?NigelVancouver

Guest petandr

>-You are entering all the route and performance data into the>FMC exactly as per the manual? There should be no boxes>(□□□□□) anywhere in the FMC>pagesyes>-You have cleared any discontinuities from the LEGS page>before activatign the flightplan?everything perfect>-You have set the altitude on the MCP panel (the autopilot in>other words) as well as in the FMC?yes>-You have set the V2 airspeed plus 10 knots in the Speed>window on the MCP?yes..... but, it seems that the autopilot doesn't work. No reaction to HDG, to VNAV, LNAV.I've this problems only with the 747-400. 737-800/900, Flight 1 ATR ... work perfect.HELP.

Guest D17S

Can you tell us what is in the 3 FMAs (at the top of the PFD) when this problem is happening? Also there us a singe word -- an abbreviation, actually -- centered and directly below the 3 FMAs in the PFD. Could you tell us what that is when this problem is happening?

Guest Daniel Slade

Peter,1, Firstly check the legs page of the FMC. If you have speed and altitude next to each fix then all is programed corectly. If you have no speed/altitude then you need to do one or all of the following, 1 activate the route and then EXEC the route. 2 Enter a Cruise altitude. Secondly make sure you are not overweight. Thirdly ensure flaps and takeoff speeds are entered/confirmed in the takeoff page. Fourth Flight director and autothrottle switches are on. and Finally make sure the white Autopilot bar is up, press one of the 3 CMD (command) buttons for the autopilot and press VNAV and LNAV.2, I would suggest visiting http://www.navdata.at/ and download the 0513 Airac from the Airac's page, ensure you get the 767PIC - PMDG all products download. Also get the SID/STAR ALL IN ONE for PMDG ONLY from the same site. This should give you up-to-date database for your FMC. BTW the Airac is out of date, BUT it is the latest available due to technical problems explained on the Navdata site.Hope this helps, if not can you take a screen shot of your 2D cockpit and post here. You could also have a second screenshot of your FMC LEGS page.Daniel

Guest petandr

>Peter,>>1, Firstly check the legs page of the FMC. If you have speed>and altitude next to each fix then all is programed corectly.>If you have no speed/altitude then you need to do one or all>of the following, 1 activate the route and then EXEC the>route. 2 Enter a Cruise altitude. Secondly make sure you are>not overweight. Thirdly ensure flaps and takeoff speeds are>entered/confirmed in the takeoff page. Fourth Flight director>and autothrottle switches are on. and Finally make sure the>white Autopilot bar is up, press one of the 3 CMD (command)>buttons for the autopilot and press VNAV and LNAV.>>2, I would suggest visiting http://www.navdata.at/ and>download the 0513 Airac from the Airac's page, ensure you get>the 767PIC - PMDG all products download. Also get the SID/STAR>ALL IN ONE for PMDG ONLY from the same site. This should give>you up-to-date database for your FMC. BTW the Airac is out of>date, BUT it is the latest available due to technical problems>explained on the Navdata site.>>Hope this helps, if not can you take a screen shot of your 2D>cockpit and post here. You could also have a second screenshot>of your FMC LEGS page.>>DanielI tried everything U friendly folks advised me to do - same desaster. See attachements!

Guest petandr

>Peter,>>1, Firstly check the legs page of the FMC. If you have speed>and altitude next to each fix then all is programed corectly.>If you have no speed/altitude then you need to do one or all>of the following, 1 activate the route and then EXEC the>route. 2 Enter a Cruise altitude. Secondly make sure you are>not overweight. Thirdly ensure flaps and takeoff speeds are>entered/confirmed in the takeoff page. Fourth Flight director>and autothrottle switches are on. and Finally make sure the>white Autopilot bar is up, press one of the 3 CMD (command)>buttons for the autopilot and press VNAV and LNAV.>>2, I would suggest visiting http://www.navdata.at/ and>download the 0513 Airac from the Airac's page, ensure you get>the 767PIC - PMDG all products download. Also get the SID/STAR>ALL IN ONE for PMDG ONLY from the same site. This should give>you up-to-date database for your FMC. BTW the Airac is out of>date, BUT it is the latest available due to technical problems>explained on the Navdata site.>>Hope this helps, if not can you take a screen shot of your 2D>cockpit and post here. You could also have a second screenshot>of your FMC LEGS page.>>DanielI tried everything U friendly folks advised me to do - same desaster. See attachements!

Guest D17S

I had this happen the other day. There is a condition I've heard discussed that the airplane has to be within a couple of miles and on an intercept heading of the track before LNAV will follow. After TO though, I've found that LNAV will drive around a 180 degree corner to get to its track . . . sometimes. In my 'problem' flight, LNAV greened in tge center FMA, but it wouldn't follow. Just flew right by the magenta line. I 'heading selected' the airplane right down the track and re-engaged Lnav. It just wandered off -- with that same green "LNAV" annunciated in the FMA. I gave up! The fix was to give up on that route (for a time) and start completely over from another departure airport. It worked fine then. I still don't know what the problem was. I always keep in mind. This is a computer game and there's a lot about computer 'glitchology' that seems work quite mysteriously. Clearly though, if LNAV/VNAV are green in the FMAs, the AFS should be repecting these modes. If it's not, that's a (temporary) computer glitch. Try a whole different route. See if that might make a difference.

Guest petandr

Thank U for your advises, but there's noch 100%-function. Last times I get the FMC-track by hand. Then the 747 followed the LNAV/VNAV for a while. Short before the given altitude (FL350) the verical speed jumped to 4000 - 6000 ft/min and the 'desaster taked ist course', 36000 ... 37000 ... 38000 ... 39000 ... 38000 ... 37000 ... 39000. VNAV PTH greend in the FMA ...What can I do, I see a fundamental problem in my 747.Peter