Sign in to follow this  
Guest vonduck1

Not on intercept heading....how to remedy?

Guest vonduck1

Hi guysWhen flying the PMDG series, i like to use LNAV. Thing is, if i have strayed from the flight path using HDG select for some reason, every time i press the LNAV key i keep getitng the above message. I fly to the next waypoint mentioned in the FMC but keep getting the above when i press LNAV again.I know your wondering why, well sometimes ATC directs you from the flight path for verying reasons. How do i prevent the above message from occuring and how do i get back on track to use LNAV again?Thanks guys and hope that makes sense!Doug

Check out the PMDG Documentation/AFDS:LNAV Switch: Pressing LNAV switch arms or engages the lateral navigation mode of the AFDS, and transfers roll and yaw (heading) control to the FMC.If LNAV arms, but the aircraft is not on an intercept heading to planned track, the FMC scratch pad will show the text NOT ON INTERCEPT HEADING, and the previously armed roll mode will remain active. To fix, turn the airplane to within a 90 degree heading of the Lnav course. This will put the airplane now on a INTERCEPT HEADING. Push Lnav again.Also, LNAV will engage as long as the aircraft is above 50 AGL and within 2.5 miles of the planned track. If the aircraft is outside of these parameters, LNAV mode will arm and engage when the aircraft moves within these parameters (e.g.- after takeoff).LNAV mode will be displayed in green on the PFD if LNAV mode is engaged.LNAV mode is disengaged by any of the following:Selecting HDG SEL modes.At localizer capture.If LNAV switch is pushed a second time before LNAV engagement.Floyd

Guest vonduck1

Thakyou for the clear answer Floyd - much appreciated!I will read the doc stuff asap!Thanks again mateDoug