Sign in to follow this  
Manny

how to use the CH Throttle for the PMDG 747?

Ok.. I have the CH Throttle set for a twin.. Left 2 for throttle, then 2 for prop and 2 for mixture.I have FSUIPC. Can I configure it for 4 engines only for the PMDG 747 using FSUIPC? How? I tried..by selecting only for a specific airplane...but the Throttle 3 and Throttle 4 doesn't seem to accept my Prop lever.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I use my CH Throttle for the PMDG 747 and for two engine planes like the PMDG 737. What you have to do is first assign the levers to throttle 3 and 4 within MSFS and then if you want to calibrate them using FSUIPC. In other words, each time you switch between a two and four (or three) engine plane, you have to re-assign the axis in MSFS.Personally I just love that feeling when you grab all four levers and push them forward, makes you feel like a real captain! :)Hope this helps!

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

I just assign a key using FSUIPC to synch throttles, as Ive found it nearly impossible to get all 4 levers in the exact same thrust setting.

Guest kdundon

I have maps and device.cfg files for the 747, 777, 737, and 767. When I change from 2 eng to 4 eng I just copy over the device.cfg file to the FS2k4 dir and after starting up I go to options, assignments and select axix for each device and select default. I leave the keyboard assignments as is. I then upload my map and check sensitivities. I have flaps on the sixth quadrant and spoilers on the 1st quadrant. All the throttles have reverse thrust. I assign the buttons with FSUICP. I can send it to you via email. I also have it uploaded to the CH Forum. It is labled Boeing Throttle Maps. Ken

>I just assign a key using FSUIPC to synch throttles, as Ive>found it nearly impossible to get all 4 levers in the exact>same thrust setting.Alex.. Yeah.. I ran into that today.. I had a hard time keeping the throttle all synced up.. they were all over the place.BTW.. I searched for a FS9 commoand for syncing throttle and didn't find any.. I also checked FSUIPC..and didn't see one either.Where is it?Manny

Manny

>I have maps and device.cfg files for the 747, 777, 737, and>767. When I change from 2 eng to 4 eng I just copy over the>device.cfg file to the FS2k4 dir and after starting up I go to>options, assignments and select axix for each device and>select default. I leave the keyboard assignments as is. I then>upload my map and check sensitivities. I have flaps on the>sixth quadrant and spoilers on the 1st quadrant. All the>throttles have reverse thrust. I assign the buttons with>FSUICP. I can send it to you via email. I also have it>uploaded to the CH Forum. It is labled.>KenHi Ken,I'd appreciate if you could e-mail it to CPGMM@AOL.COMThanks..Ch forum? Is this what you are talking about?http://www.ch-hangar.com/forum/index.php?showforum=39I didn't find the file there.Manny

Manny

second to last tab I think of fsuipc. its under the buttons tab (all from bad memory)you just press a button to assign and hit any keyboard or button you want

Manny,didn't my suggestion work for you?

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

>Manny,>didn't my suggestion work for you?>Yes Krister, it did. Thats how I have it now. Its better than two left engine throttles only. :)But the levers in the panel were getting out of sync... with my physical throttle levers.Manny

Manny

>second to last tab I think of fsuipc. its under the buttons>tab (all from bad memory)>>you just press a button to assign and hit any keyboard or>button you wantAlex,What command do I associate with a key? "Throttle set"?I don't see "Throttle sync" or anything that sounds like that.Manny"Throttle set" is not it.

Manny

Guest kdundon

Manny the file is on the way. At the Ch Hanger go to Profiles and it is located under Civilian Jets/Sims. Ken

Moving the subect sideways a little, is then also possible to use two of the three control levers on the CH yoke to work in the same way? As in one for 1 & 2, and the other for 3 & 4?Phil Symonds