Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foizman

744 virtual cockpit TO/GA-button

Guest Foizman

a simple question: where is this button in the VC?greets,Foizman

Guest thscholz

Volker,in the VC the TO/GA button is where it's in the real aircraft:Next to the throttle levers.Servus from LOWW to LOWGThomas

Guest Foizman

ahhh hehe tricky!!;-)

its difficult to activate in VC mode during take off. i have a key command mapped to it

Speaking of which...During an approach a couple of weeks back, I wasn't able to stabilize my approach in time due to the way Appoach Control brought me in, so I had to perform a go-around. Unfortunately, the autothrottle was bobbing the throttles all over the place on me, and I couldn't click on the stupid TO/GA switch!!! I finally had to disconnect the autothrottle and manually jam the throttles forward to get power to climb.... :(Needless to say, I now have TO/GA mapped to a key as well. :)- Bill

- William Ruppel, CYTZ, VATSIM 816871

I've always been a proponent of putting a TOGA screw clickspot in the VC as well as the actual TOGA switch. As it is right now, if you bring the power levers up to 70% N1 the TOGA switches are obscured by the body of the levers and you can't click them.If you have a spare button on your flight yoke / joystick then you can assign it to that. On my X52 I used the guarded missile switch as the TOGA switch, it's quite cool unguarding the switch then bringing the power up to 70% and pressing the 'Go Button'.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

I've always been a proponent of putting a TOGA screw clickspot in the VC as well as the actual TOGA switch. That is a very good idea.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Not only that Randy, but it shouldn't be TOO hard to implement. In theory anyway! :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest gremel

Randy,Quick question to you. Sometime ago, I saw a post from you that you were thinking about purchasing the Cirrus Jet Yoke. Did you purchase it and if so, how do you like it?!Regards,noullet

Yes I bought a used "Jeppesen" mooney one. Works 1000x better than any stick I have used! I have a little issue with the trottle and spiking so I simply do not use the trottle part. As for the TOGA switch, it will be totally up to PMDG. I am not aware of any specifics as to why or what not so we will have to wait and see if it will be in the F model or not. Cross your fingers ;-)[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Gremel I also purchased a cirrus yoke. I got the Jetliner yoke after expalining to my wife how much I really "needed it";), It is a fine piece of hardware. I love to hand fly now it really makes a difference. I would recommend it to anyone.Andrew

Guest gremel

Thanks for the replies. I'll let you know what I think of it after I receive it which should be tomorrow or Monday...Regards,noullet