Sign in to follow this  
Guest reyramon

LNAV and the Queen

Guest reyramon

I know there have been other posts for problems with LNAV and the 744, but none of them specific to my problem. I purchased the Queen at the end of december. i made one quick flight but encountered a problem with LNav right away. I would engage it and it would fly its course to the waypoint. but once there it woudl circle and circle it until i entered the next waypoint(or deleted the current waypoint). so i figured this error to me not reading the manual fully. so here i am a month later and now the problem has "escalated". i've since read the manual several times. now LNAV will not even engage or arm. that is, when i click on LNAV, it does not stay lit, nor does the white lettered "LNAV" stay displayed for more than half a second on the F/D readout. I've tried flying directly over the magent flight path, but nothing. this is a great product and just want to fully enjoy it. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, Rey RamonAAVirtual.com

Hello Raymond, To be able to help you out we need to be able to replicate exactly what you are trying to do. LNAV has criteria before it will even arm so please give us a rte and perhaps a screenshot of when you try to arm LNAV..[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest reyramon

ok. i'll give an example using a simple flight form kdfw-kiah with only using lnav. first i set the reference airport on the position page. then i go to to the RTE page and enter kdfw and kiah into the orgin and destination airport. i then go on to enter the jpool departrue bilee transition, and the hoagi1 arrivale bilee transition agian. i activate the route at this point. then i go on to vnav and enter the data needed there, activate, and so on etc( entering gross weights and what not). so after i have the fmc set up, and flight director on, i'm ready to go i take off. after 1000 ft or so, i turn on my cmd autopilot. i activate hdg sel to interectp my flight path and try to arm LNAV by pressing it. a white lettered LNAV flashes just below the HDG SEL on the flight director display. but it last for a second or half a second instead of staying on and turning green when it engages. the light on the LNAV button does not even turn on. am i missing a step in fmc programing or something? do i need to do reinstall of the aircraft? i have the update installed. also i have the irs set to instantaneous. i've other addon aircrafts and the pmdg 737ng installed and work with out a hitch. i'll try and post screenies soon, but not much to look at. vnav actually does work, as do all other aspects of autopilot. ~Rey Ramon

If hdg to intercept the path is not working (not sure why since I cannot see what is going on) try a DIR TO, this will work.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest reyramon

no dice. i'm going to try and reinstall it.

I am having issues with LNAV aswell, after takeoff it does not proceed directly to the first waypoint. I made a clean FS install and problem solved, then I reinstalled my addons and the problem reappeared....

Hello Tom, Without specifics there is no way anyone can help you out. For us to be able help you need to provide us with all the details. First wpt from? What wpt? SID? Provide us the ability to replicate you flight and we will be able to provide you a helpful answer to your issue.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Randy,I'll try to explain the situation. At Gibraltar (LXGB) RWY27, flight plan loaded for a flight to EBBR.Weather: Activesky 6No SID loaded, just selected RWY27 in the CDU, reconfirmed the first waypoint (a vor called MAR) I included a pic from my situation 5 minutes after departure. You can see the autopilot does not track the LNAV, and that's quite frustrating...I some other posts, it was suggested to reconfirm to direct waypoint, but that doesn't help either.Can you solve this please because it makes my Queen unusable... And I did not have this problem when the Queen was released, only with the V1.1 upgrade...

Hello again Tom, The screenshot helps out greatly! For LNAV to engage in this situation (as the rl aircraft would) you need to point your aircraft in a direction that will "cross" i.e. intercept that magenta line you see on the ND. So, set your hdg to cross that path then select LNAV (push the hdg sel knob) you will notice after you push LNAV that the pilot's flight display annunciation (FMA) will show LNAV in "white" which means it is now armed and will intercept the path ;-) ............................Randy J. Smith.............................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

double post

Mmm, I'm not really sure why either, but that's why I contact you ;)I believe it could be a conflict with a 3d-party software because with a clean install I did not have the problem...

Guest reyramon

i get no message as far as not on intercept course. besides i usually use hdg sel to get there and then engage on all my other aircraft as well. mine does not even arm. i'm not sure what else to try. i'm still awaiting a download link so i can redownload and reinstall it to see it if will fix the problem.

Guest reyramon

oh and as far as 3rd party installs, i do not know. i have not added anything new from when i first purchased it and it worked then. this was at the end of december. do you think it may be the update?