Sign in to follow this  
Guest flightsimulatorpilot

Question

Hey everyone, I want to purchase the PMDG 747-400 but do not know if it will run on my system. Here are my specs:512 MB Ram (384 on control panel-system)3000 AMD Sempron processor 1.81 GHZ160 GB harddriveSiS 760 Rev 00 128 MB graphics cardIf it will help, the LDS 767 runs ok on my computer, 10 frames on ground, with settings at medium/high, and 100% AI traffic. In the air, I can get 15-20 (locked at 20) with it. So what do you think, should I go for it.Thanks,Ene

Tough one Ene, I'd speculate only that in 2D you should be able to run it if you can run LDS but I don't want to say for certain that you would be able to 100%. So really up to you................Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest simonmd

If you want perfection, then your system needs upgrading. However I say there's no problem! My system is lower than yours, although I do have 768mb RAM. I NEVER get into double figures but the Queen is still very flyable and enjoyable. Yes, some would say that a GCard upgrade is a wiser thing to spend the money on but if you're getting 10+fps with 100% AI on a LD767 then it will cope no problem. Incidently, AI EATS frames, worth turning them down and it will run better.Simon

Thanks for the replies, but I've got another question. Is the PMDG 747 available in stores on CD and would EBGames or Gamestop in US have it? If they do, is it refundable?Thanks,Ene

No it is not. You must order online, return policies are pretty standard for software, from this seller it means once you open it you cannot return it.http://www.aerosoft.com/cgi-local/us/iboshop.cgi?showd70,4157793890,FS02240 ...............Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Okay, I tested how many fps I would get and I set all my settings to maximum and went to Dubai, Flytampa Demo scenery, and I got 7 fps in 2d panel and model with the Level D. So my question is, should I go with the 747 or 737 from PMDG. I want a PMDG product.Thanks,Ene