Sign in to follow this  
slait

747 Crashing after a few minutes

An odd problem I'm having after reinstalling FS9. I've reinstalled a number of add-on sceneries and aircraft, including starting with the PMDG 737 series, and then the 747 with the latest patch, and the 747 seems to be crashing the sim after a few minutes of using it. Not crashing to desktop, but either causing an application error and asking to restart FS9, or simply freezing entirely. Only the 747 seems to be causing this problem, all other aircraft work fine. As I start firing up systems from a cold and dark setup, the fps start dropping, like it's chewing up memory. Then, given enough time it crashes.Odd, because it was working fine prior to the reinstall of FS, but now nothing I try works. I've uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Again, all other aircraft work fine. Any ideas what could be causing this? It's one of my favorite aircraft and really need it back in working order.Thanks in advance.

- Aaron

It is turned off, does it need to be turned on?EDIT: I just tried turning on render to texture and it still crashed.PMDGError.JPG

- Aaron

Guest stevesj

Have/can you rule out a over-heating PC ?HTHSteve

Well, right after struggling with this problem I made a 7 hour flight in the PSS 777, so I don't really think so. I have a powerful cpu fan that keeps it running very cool.

- Aaron

Well, so much for the stellar PMDG support that I've heard so much about. The one time I've needed help and no one seems interested. For those that may have this problem in the future and may search these forums for an answer, as I did, I have something that seems to have corrected the problem, although I don't know why. I went into the PMDG menu and selected setup. From there I changed a couple of options, the first being the PFD from CRT to LCD (say that three times fast). The other was changing the TCAS from Flight Sim to FSUIPC. I have not tried a complete flight, but I have been able to run the full startup and take off in two different liveries, which would cause a crash in minutes before.So again, I have no idea why this would fix my problem, but so far so good. I was just disappointed that after hearing that support was quite good here that I had very little input from the manufacturer on where to look. I was ready willing and able to provide any information that might be helpful, but received nothing after the initial question was asked. Even a simple "give us a little time to think over the issue" would have sufficed, but ignoring isn't sufficient in my book. Hopefully others have better results, because this one was less than impressive for me.

- Aaron

Guest Knikolaes

Have you installed the patch as well? I know that the 747 had a wierd CTD issue before the patch came out. make sure you are running v1.1

Yes, the patch is indeed installed. Didn't seem to make a difference.

- Aaron

Guest Knikolaes

I had a similar issue with my sim, where one of my add-ons did something funky tothe FS9.CFG file and I would crash approx. 5 mins into any flight, in any aircraft. Deleting and redoing the FS9.CFG did the trick. I finally traced the problem to my ERJ-145, which for some reason after the reset, will not display the overhead properly. Out of over 100 Payware aircraft in my hanger, the ERJ can sit for a while LOL. Been flying mainly PMDG, LDS and the recent FT 737 with no crashes at all since the CFG rebuild.