Sign in to follow this  
Guest Foizman

744 Another 3 pushpack questions,

Guest Foizman

hi there,question 1: I can't find the pushpack panel in the VC of the PMDG744? Is this correct?question 2: the DISTANCE value is meters or inches or percent or what? If we suppose a total lenght of the Queen of about 70 meters and I enter 70 and press the middle button (eg distance: 70, angle: 90r) the airplane is pushedbacked anywhere but not the supposed length of a 744. Can't find the relationship between "distance 70", the length of the plane and that what happens when I watch the pushpack in the bird's-eye view. Didn't find anything about it in the manual, eiter.question 3: Yesterday I tried some distance variations and found out, when I entered distance=0 angle=90R the plane pushbacked in a circle but didn't stop!! It did some full 360

i do believe that the COM panel which has the pushback function, is only accesible through the 2-D panel using the COM switch-view.i believe that the distance used for pushback is meters. never tried your question number 3.tom

Guest truckinflyboy

I believe that the pushback first digits are time of pushback and not distance. I believe I read that somewhere in the manual or somewhere on the forum.

Guest Foizman

wow, TIME? That would be tricky!

Guest Foizman

teufelauchyesterday it happened again: I tried some distance variations. Worked fine so far.When I entered "7 R90" the 744 kept going around in circles, through the hangar other planes etc. The Pushpack didn't stop.It wasn't even possible to stop it with the parkingbreakes nor by pressing TO/GO. :-(greets,Foizman

Guest Foizman

so what does the "distance" stand for? seconds or meters or feet?

Guest Hawkeyeted

>so what does the "distance" stand for? seconds or meters or>feet?I too believe it is the number of seconds (time) that it will back up in a straight line. The second ( ->90 or 90<- ) is the number of degrees and direction you want the nose to turn.Example:Left box "30". Right box "->90".The aircraft will back up in a straight line for 30 seconds, then the aircraft will turn, with the nose going right, until it is 90 degrees from it's starting lineup.

Guest Foizman

thanx Ted,did you notice some error when pushing-back? I tried e.g. 15/R90 and it work perfect. Using 7/R90 or less "distance" caused the pushpack-process to go into infinite circles, through planes buildings, the 744 kept going on and on. It wasn't even stoppable by pressing the parking break nor by pushing TO/GA, which ok is pretty silly.Have you ever got this "behavior", too?greets,Foizman

Guest Hawkeyeted

>thanx Ted,>>did you notice some error when pushing-back? I tried e.g.>15/R90 and it work perfect. Using 7/R90 or less "distance">caused the pushpack-process to go into infinite circles,>through planes buildings, the 744 kept going on and on. It>wasn't even stoppable by pressing the parking break nor by>pushing TO/GA, which ok is pretty silly.>>Have you ever got this "behavior", too?>>greets,>FoizmanCan't say that I have. I've never had an issue with "360's in reverse". Then again, I've never only backed for 7 seconds....