Sign in to follow this  
Guest gracov

FMC ENGINE OUT PAGE

Guest gracov

I AM TOTALLY AMAZED BY THIS BEAUTIFULLY CRAFTED SIMULATION. I TRIED OUT AN ENGINE FIRE OVER THE ATLANTIC WITH SUBSEQUENT ENGINE SHUT DOWN AND DRIFT DOWN. HOWEVER I COULDN'T ACTIVATE OR EXECUTE THE FMC ENGINE OUT PAGE ON MY COMPUTER. IS THIS MY COMPUTER PLAYING SILLY GAMES OR DOES THE SIMULATION LEAVE THIS FUNCTION OUT?

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

I don't think the engine out page works. I've had the same experience in not being able to execute the engine out mod from the VNAV E/O CRZ page. I have tried everything!What is driving me crazy is that the PMDG 747 user's guide seems to imply that it DOES work, going into great detail as to E/O autopilot behavior and function. Man, I'm just not seeing it though.PMDG, does the engine out feature for the 747 work or no? Thanks!

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

Egads, I keep trying everything and it won't work

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

bump up.

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

bumpity bump.

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

Ok, this how now become a quest. Somebody has to answer eventually.

What do you mean by the ENG OUT page doesn't work? Do you mean it doesn't show when you try to select it, or you can't modify it nor does it do anything when you pull it up? I've accidentally pulled it up a few times although it didn't do anything. I also never simulated an in-flight engine failure before. But I had managed to pull the page up.Ryan Gamurothttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Guest Ricardo Sevarant

Hi Ryan,The PMDG 747 FMC user's guide states the following:"Engine Out Cruise Operation: In the eventof an engine failure in flight, selecting theENG OUT> prompt at 5R will instruct theFMC to provide engine-out speedschedules, performance predictions andflight guidance.In the event that the aircraft is above themaximum engine out altitude at the time ofthe engine failure, the cruise altitude willautomatically be lowered to the engine outmaximum altitude."The above doesn't happen in regards to the cruise altitude being automatically lowered.The PMDG 747 FMC user's guide states the following:"TO AAAAA: Indicates that the airplane ismore than 200 miles from the top-of-descentpoint, but that an engine out drift downprocedure is in progress. AAAAArepresents the new cruise altitude ascalculated by the FMC."The above doesn't happen.The PMDG 747 FMC user's guide states the following:"D/D: Drift down is indicated when the FMCbegins a drift down procedure due to enginefailure at high altitude. The D/D mode willremain as the active VNAV cruise mode untilthe maximum engine out altitude has beenreached and the aircraft has leveled out."The above doesn't happen.Ok, it's not really a big deal if these features aren't implemented in the PMDG sim. It's just that the PMDG manual seems to infer that these features ARE implemented. No one from PMDG has been able to address to what extent engine out ops are integrated with the 747 autopilot in the sim :) I'm just wondering what the deal is because it's rather hard to have this question answered on here for some reason :)Again, no big deal to me either way - I love the sim to death. I would just like to know if the FMC is supposed to perform as described in the user's guide. THANKS!

Guest bruchpilot

Hello,any news on this? Can someone from the developers comment on this? Wouldn't it be a nice feature for the next version?GreetingsEd

Guest bruchpilot

Hello development team? Did you read this post? A reply would be very much apreciated.ThanksEd

You are correct. The eng out feature does not work correctly. The representation of an actual eng out is wrong. I have yet to try the frieghter version (it may have been modelled correctly). I hope this gets looked at and corrected with an FSX patch.CheersSteve

Cheers

Steve Hall

Thanks for the reply, Steve!Ryan - probably so old because no-one responded to it! The poster seemed like he was asking a perfectly reasonable question to the team. Unless there's something in the manual, in which chase poster and myself = dope.CheersRudy

Guest bruchpilot

Cool Steve! Really looking forward to the patch. Surprising that there is still room for improvement!