Sign in to follow this  
Guest Learby

GPS approaches

Guest Learby

Just wondering if the FMS database has GPS approaches, I have flown the 737-800 into several airports that have GPS approaches but they were not listed on the dep/arrival page ? I have the current approaches and sid/stars.Thanks in advancePhil

Use RNAV appraoches. The FMC uses automatic GPS, IRS and Radio position updating to fly RNAV approaches. By the way, no pilot interaction with the two GPS recievers. It's all automatic. The only thing you can do is tell the FMC to stop updating with GPS if desired.Floyd

Guest Learby

Ok- but I am used to flying FMS (collins Pro Line 21) that actually list the approach as GPS approach when on the dep/arriv page-- Also there were no RNAV approaches that were the same as the GPS approaches I was looking for : I/E the GPS rnav/gps 14 into KICT ? it did have the VOR 14 --Thank you for the help !Phil

Guest stang

Hi PhilThe procedures have GPS approaches. They usually are not listed as such though because they are coded. IAPs that begin with a "G" or an "O", such as G13 and O32 are GPS approaches for runways 13 and 32 respectively.RegardsTerry

Guest Learby

well, i did some looking arround at different airports and never came acros anything but ILS/VOR/or NDB and Visual's ----Thanks you for the fast response Phil

Guest Learby

Ok- I found some RNAV approaches- thanks for pointing that out to mePhil