Sign in to follow this  
Guest Boaz

weird FS9 crash while on final approach!!

Guest Boaz

wow!I thought I was alone on this.The thing is kevstar that I have a very new computer!I had sound issues at first, I was using the on board sound card and could not get the sound to work.I then bought a new soundcard from creative, which is really good and I now enjoy sound. So this theory of the sound card playing a role is not far fetched.BUT I do not feel that it completely answers it all.I flew a test flight for around two hours to Seoul, then back again.When landing my pc paused, but then ran on and I landed succesfully and it all ran smooth after that, although I did notice that some aircraft were parked inside others, and they were both AI???But I then flew my flight to Boston from Frankfurt again, and just after exiting RWY 22L I saw what appeared to be flickering textures on the left side, now this flight was flown yesterday, so the weather was quite bad, so i went to top down view, zoomed in and I noticed small texture loading happening at the airport, then BLACK.My PC then restarded :(The thing is, that I saved the flight while over Canada, then selected that flight today, and flew it into a flawless approach with nice clear weather, landed, took LOADS of screenshots, then parked and tried to stress my PC by zooming in and out rapidly, then I checked my 3D card temp and it was only at 44 degrees, I say only because it is low, slow down speed is at 115degrees!So it was not even too hot???I now have concluded that TIME is a factor, that is also why I checked it for over heating.What system do you have kevstar?Boaz...

Guest Boaz

PMDG I have not heard from any of you.Is it because I need to mail you for support, or you are busy, or it is still those FSUIPC acusations???I have done over 30 hours of flying, but I cannot land if the trip takes more than5 hours...I am about to rule everything out except PMDG.I have installed my PMDG on a new pc, but I was told that there should be no problems with that.I am grasping for any solutions or HINTS you might come up with.I have the PMDG 744 installed with no other add on planes installed.Boaz.

Guest stevesj

Hi Boazwe all refer to FS9, but you are running FS9.1 arn't you ?Also, as suggested try deleting the fs9.cfg, but at the same time also delete (in the flights folder) all the temporary files, previous flight,ui generated etc and the weather files of the same name. If these have corrupt data in them (and I have seen this happen)you will never get it working right.You have ruled out overheating I presume ?Hope you get it sorted soon, it must be driving you nutsSteve

Guest Boaz

lol ye it is driving nuts hence my new reply:DI will try doing that later, I have reinstalled my 3D card totally and also replaced my new textures and auto gen with the old.Boaz.

Hi Boaz,Have you tried turning off Autogen completely and reducing the scenery complexity, just to see if that helps.Have a look at your draw distance, if too high set to a lower distance, both scenery and weather. It is possible as you are landing FS is loading airports / scenery 30-50 miles away and this would certainly stutter your flight!Are you running any AI Traffic? If yes then try to reduce the amount of traffic to see if that is a factor.Also to keep things stable I recommend locking the fps of FS9 to 25 fps and locking the PMDG 2D and VC fps to 25 fps aswell, or a bit lower if on an older machine.And finally just to make sure, are you running the latest drivers for your graphics card, and how many times have you updated these drivers? If yes to many then use a tool called "Driver Cleaner Pro" which will make sure previous graphics drivers are deleted before installing the new ones.Best regards,Armen L Cholakianhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/supporter.jpg

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Guest Boaz

Many thanks for your replies.But I have a brand new powerful machine, and I have set it up as good as I can.I am not having fps problems, landing in Frankfurt with 25fps is not something you can do on all machines, but I can.The thing is that when I am flying for over 5 hours it will crash before I am able to land at anywhere between 200-900ft.I have deleted the 3D card and I am flying again, I hope I am able to land this time, if not I am going to reinstall FS9.Boaz.

Guest Boaz

ToMy Li could you in the future not be so unrespectful and just overlook posts like these, it appears as if you have a hard time understanding other peoples feelings.Just to update those of you who might have a similar problem, I flew Boston-Frankfurt, and landed successfully.I had installed my 3D card and most importantly older drivers!I am now using Forceware 81.95!Thanks to all of those who was supportive and helped!Boaz.