Sign in to follow this  
Manny

Why can't we use the Go flight MCP Pro?

Can someone explain to me please why we can't use the go flight MCP Pro for the PMDG 744? Could it be used for the PMDG 737?Doesn't the 744 have a key map and so does GF I think. The only issue then is the display.. how would we direct the PMDG numbers to go to the GF MCP.Hmmmmmm.....Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

............. It's not in PMDG's court to make some add-on hardware device work with the PMDG products. Besides that I heard that the developers of GO have never offered any details to PMDG to make it compatible. Perhaps you should ask Go Flight?..............Randy J. Smith...............A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest iain williams

>>.............> It's not in PMDG's court to make some add-on hardware device>work with the PMDG products. Besides that I heard that the>developers of GO have never offered any details to PMDG to>make it compatible. Perhaps you should ask Go Flight?>>>..............Randy J. Smith...............>A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM>[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable>changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]I went down this same path a year or so ago.Doyle from GoFlight said that he had approached PMDG and said that PMDG was not interested.PMDG states that they have never been approached.What statement is correct, if either, I have no idea.As a result of Doyle's very poor service to my many hassles with Go Flight instrumentation, I sold all the instruments and purchased more higher end items....Iain

MannyWhile I have a lousy memory I do THINK that Lefteris said in a thread here that Doyle had promised to send PMDG an GF-MCP Pro to fiddle with. Personally I have the GF-MCP and get it to work using FSUIPC or GFKeys but the LED's will of course not show any values. Anyway I'm getting a CPFlight MCP as soon as possible as the support from Goflight is...ahem..not perfect. The radios work fine though...

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Gents-(this is a tidbit of news, but will be more formally announced at a later time)Doyle has indeed sent us a GoFlight MCP Pro unit and we're evaluating it. We're still exchanging some emails on the subject so I cannot say for sure that we'll be supporting it, until I can make sure that the drivers I write for it will be satisfactory to both companies.Just wanted to make everyone aware that there's no bad blood between PMDG and GoFlight whatsoever.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

This is really good news. I can wait. :)Krister,when you get the CPFlight MCP, please post your opinions here. I would be very interested. I think I saw someone post here that you need to do something extra to make the CPFlight MCP work and that it will not work just out of the box. Thanks.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Manny,unfortunately it's still some time until I purchase the CP Flight but as I understand from reading their forum it's a question of running a patch and then copy a special ini-file. Doesn't sound too difficult but it seems some has problems getting it to work.As for Goflight, I'm very satisfied with how the modules work with airplanes using the MSFS autopilot - unfortunately PMDG 737 and 747 don't belong to that catagory.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Guest B1900 Mech

I run the CPFlight,and with the patch 6,It work's great with LDS767 and of course PMDG 737 and 747:-)

I can only second to that. After he latest patch from CP flight both the MCP end the EFIS work flawlessly with the PMDG737 and 747. All issues with the 747 are now solved. I heartily recoomend the CP flight hardware, it is a great addition to your flying experience (and one step closer to your own cockpit ;-)Greets, Arjen

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 

Does the CPFlight MCP work normally and fully in all phases of flight for the three add-on aircraft mentioned in this thread?, i.e., LNAV, VNAV, and also the different uses of N1 (takeoff power in the LDS and climb power in the NG)?Thanks!Jonathan

Guest iain williams

I was not satisfied with the very poor service offered by Go Flight. They were keen for my VISA card & then that was that! They never answered any of my e-mails. Doyle also told me before purchase that everything was easy and straight forward to set up for PMDG - this is not true unless you are a computer expert!I just ordered the EFIS and MCP from CPFlight yesterday.They are expensive, but so is half the GOFlight "junk" I have that doesn't work with PMDG 99% of the time.I have been told, and have read on other forums, that with the latest software patch release from CPFlight, all functions with the MCP and EFIS work with PMDG.I will still keep the GoFlight RP48, GF-T8 & GF166A (radios, nav and switch panel) as these work well with PMDG after some very basic and easy switch mapping - the GOFlight MCP is the painful problem.Best..........Iain

Thanks for your post Iain. I heard from CPFlight directly and they basically tell me what you did. So it looks as if some "homework" will be necessary but it also seems that this stuff is totally compatible. Not cheap, mind you !Cheers from outside an extremely snowy Washington DC.JS

Guest whartonp

If the Go-flight MCP can be made to work with the PMDG 737 i think it would be quite benificial to both companies. It would also make me a very happy bunny.

Guest whartonp

lefteris,I dont mean to hassle you so please dont think that i am demanding answers. Its just that i have had the 737 for a long time now and the only thing that has ever made this product less than 100% perfect for me has been the Go-flight MCP issue. I understand that you can not make any promises so i am not asking for any, but is it possible that you can give us some indication as to how long the evaluation process might take to determine if it is possible to produce drivers to make the MCP and 737 integrate.Best regardsPaul Wharton