Sign in to follow this  
Guest poschrob

747 autobrake switch

Guest poschrob

hi,is it realistic that the autobrake switch has to be turned to "off" from "RTO" manually? The manual says that it dismarms automatically after liftoff, BUT as I have noticed it remains in RTO position.thanks!Rob

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

it should switch back in off postion after TO well in my 744 it does mayb some minor bug

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

that doesnt matterit has to switch back to off anyway

Guest gremel

I know that in the real 737NG sim when doing a takeoff with autothrottles engaged and TOGA pushed, you have to manually turn the autobrakes to the off position just like you have to manually position the landing gear to the off position.Regards,noullet

Guest tmanaon

The autobrake switch turns to "off" from "RTO" soon after liftoff whether you use manual thrust or TOGA. If that's not happening on yours, you've got a problem.Anthony

Guest gremel

I'll have to try my 747 and see if mine goes back to 'Off' after take-off. It seems strange that the 'NG' would have to be turned off manually after take-off since it is newer technology than the 747-400 queen....Strange indeed...Regards,noullet

Let me clear up some speculations here. On the 747, RTO switch after liftoff moves to the OFF position.On landing the autobrake switch moves to the DISARM position AND you must place the switch to OFF to remove power from the autobrakes system.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141596.jpgAs for the 737, I have learned long ago never to "assume" anything in comparisons to any Boeing regardless of logical-non logical arguments. You have to set the RTO switch on the 737 to OFF, why? Ask Boeing!...............Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

There was a tendency to transfer a lot of things from the "old" classic B737's into the cockpit of the NG, because airliners were using mixed B737 fleets and for type-rating reasons (on req of airliners). Maybe this was the reason ...The B744, B757, B767, B777 have all a complete other cockpit management strategy based on real two men / dark cockpit procedures.CiaoMichel