Sign in to follow this  
Kimchoc

Hate to do this but

I have to ask for some help. Usually you folks here are so mean here that I cant get an understandable answer, but here goes anyway since I did pay for a product and this is where I am directed for support. Just a simple question. I understand that to use the FMC to its best advantage, I should update the nav info. The links from the PMDG website take me to a Navdata site and really just dump me there without an explanation of what to do next. Well, I muddled along and figured out how to download the airac data I think and I managed to get it installed. But its the Sid/stars update that I dont understand. I see the drop down for all PMDG products, but then there appears a list of choices. How do I get them all with one download? Do I need tham all?The help link from the PMDG website takes me a FAQ here and then when clicking on some of the help links, the pages are dead ends. I am re-installing this plane on a new flight computer and have forgotten how I accomplished this a year or so ago.Sally

http://www.navdata.at/php/sidstar/aio.phpHi Sally. the above link is the all in one download for the sid/stars. Select 'PMDG all products' from the dropdown list. Once downloaded follow the instructions and extract them to the sid/stars folder which is in the PMDG folder and you should be good to go. hope this helps in some way

Ah, I see now. thanks. How often do you reccommend that these and the airacs be updated?

They are usually updated every month but i believe that the AIRAC data will not be made available to the public in the near future. There is an annoucement on the navdata main page. I normally update both as soon as a new version is released.