Sign in to follow this  
Guest DAL2342

Top of Descent Trouble, please help

Guest DAL2342

Well here is my problem... Im doing the CANUK2 STAR into ATL. I need to cross DBN at FL240, i put that into the FMC as a constraint. The T/D doesn't start until after DBN, and im at FL380. What am i doing wrong? This has happened on several flights, i do have the latest patch and Navdata. ThanksRobert Treathttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141745.jpg

Hiya Robert,Although I haven't flown for a week (withdrawal symptoms!) I'd have thought 64 miles would be enough for get from FL380 to FL240, just...Is the aircraft actually struggling to do this under VNAV?When do you enter the alt constraint? Early in the flight or close to the descent? All discontinuities in the legs page cleared?If you can provide the flight plan you used I'll try and fit in a flight to replicate it.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest DAL2342

Thanks for replying! Well here is another screenshot showing the problem i am having... It says 2nm until T/D, but it shows the T/D symbol by DBN, which doesn't make much sense? I finished the flight and it did descend within those 2nm but i don't understand why the symbol was still by DBN? Aircraft wasn't struggling at all. I entered the ALT constraint before dep, no flight Disconts. Here is the real world flight plan.URSUS A509 DHP TAY J85 AMG CANUK2http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141758.jpg

I'm looking into this issue already guys................Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Hmm, well at least the aircraft descended on profile, even if the display showed a T/D point further down the line.To be honest I'm not sure what this would be caused by, but maybe someone who has experienced this could comment? I've never seen it.That's a nice winds aloft you got there too, glad you weren't flying West! :-)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest DAL2342

Thanks for the replies guys, yes i do have 1.1 installed, and i just reinstalled 1.1 also sense you asked. Same problem....I also run Asv6 in the background but highly doubt that has anything to do with it?ThanksRobert

Ok - can you save the flight both on the ground before takeoff and again at the point where you see this happen.Mail the .flt and .wx files from My Docs/Flight Simulator files, and the .sav and .rte file out of FS9/PMDG/747400/PanelState to me at TabsAZ@aol.com and I'll try to reproduce. If there's a similar bug to the one I was talking about earlier going, on, I'll bring it to the attention of the dev team...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com