Sign in to follow this  

BEWARE OF WILCO!!!!!!!!

Be careful when you buy Wilco products. They are ALL frame rate killers and they give the worst support if they answer you at all!!. Want proof?, just check the "recommended" comp specs for the new products on their websight.!!!!!

As far as framerates, hopefully Avsim or some of the others will do a review of upcoming products. Usually these revies do a good job of addressing framerate issues. I have never had a problem with any of their products where I might have needed to call their online support.

Guest Edam

Of course, "flydog" didn't list his system specs. That may be a consideration.

Funny enough, that's what I though "recommended system specifications" are there for. If you don't have at least that system (and in my experience, that system plus a bit more processor and a little more RAM), you're just not going to have any level of satisfaction with a product.Remember when Microsoft promised us that Windows 95 would run on a 386?

Wilco's airports always look great. As pointed out if you have a low end system, like mine...:( your frames will suffer. My biggest gripe about their Airport series is the included adventures and aircraft. Nothing but problems with that stuff. I don't use them at all. The airports always work fine. I had a good experience with 767PIC. No complaints there. I had a slow response on a couple of e-mails when Airport 2K vol. 2 came out but the response was helpful. Anyway, the new stuff sounds promissing. I'm going to need a new computer to run it though, hopefully next year. Another Airbus package? I guess the Airbus fans have to be liking that!Anyway, Cheers...Scott

flydog's sys specs-----P4 ,256 MEG RAM, GEFRCE 2 64

ALL are framerate killers? Most, maybe, but not all.Wilco published the Pilot in Command 767, which is one of (if not the) best addons out there. It's also very framerate friendly.Jon (KSEA)

Guest eko

OT: Of course dogs fly!! Just check my sig. :-)

It did run on a 386.....I've seen it running on a 386..... SX 33MHz I believe.....Took about 5+ minutes to boot, but I've seen it work... hehehe

StoneC0ld_zps439869f4.png

Declared weather:  FSX: ASN / FS9: ASE

I find it hilarious when you look at the difference between the minimum and recommended system specifications.

:-lol :-lol :-lol I love how companies manage to isolate the majority of people who don't have $2000 to shell out for a brand new P4 2.5 ghz, 1024 ram, 128 mb GF4 monster. Guess I'm not getting Airport 2002, seeing as my processor falls 100 mhz short of the minimum :-lol Pretty ridiculous how much performance that demands, IMO.Scott

Yes, Wilco is the publisher of PIC 767 but I don't beleave they should get credit for the 767 being such a good FS2000 product.The worst part about all Wilco's stuff is the install packages.Again with their upcoming releases there will be more extras that no one wants and files installed with no option to delete them.We already have an exceptional Airbus and panel by Phoenix and most the airports are already available. I can think of many airports that are needed for FS2002 which have been overlooked by Wilco.I have bought my last Wilco product.SteveCYYZ

I personally disagree about this opinion regarding Wilco. Wilco has produced some of the most detailed aiports for FS like no other have done. Regarding frames rates - is subjective - Many have now 1.7 ghz pc - and I

Go Ray! Go Ray! Go Ray!!!!!!! He Makes a valid point..... :-)