Sign in to follow this  
Guest SKireyev

Enhancing the 744 experience, please make your suggesti...

Guest SKireyev

Hello fellow simmers--I was wondering what everyone uses to enhance their 744 experience and make it more realistic? Any extra programs for flight announcements, checklists? I am used to the 737 FS2Crew, and also have FSPassengers and Flightdeck Companion. Certainly, I enjoy FS2Crew the most, and would really enjoy something similar for the 744 or the 744F. After flying the 737 for a little while with FS2Crew, it's almost creepy to hear nothing but silence, and run your own checklists, without interaction with the co-pilot. Is there anything out there similar, or is there anything in the works for the 744F? I am trying to make my experience as realistic as possible, so let's say I want to fly from KSFO to EDDF (I have FlyTampa's KSFO and Aerosoft's EDDF), with a UAL900. I park at a United gate in KSFO, and save the situation about 30 minutes before time to push from gate. Prior to that I would download the most recent UAL900 flightplan from Flightaware.com, use FSCommander to put together a flightplan, use a random passenger load (trying to get as close to about 70%+ max capacity) in the configuration manager, calculate cargo at about 125 lbs per passenger ("overpackers", and maybe some mail and cargo), calculate fuel requirements, and save everything. Then, when I would load, I would use the procedure guide from PMDG for start up and configuration. I also use ActiveSky and Traffic 2005. I would use Walk and Follow to do an outside inspection of the aircraft, and even stroll to the bathroom and back galley for a restroom break and quick cup of java (in that order). But other than that... everything else seems sterile, and the suspension of disbelief is lifted. If anyone can give me further advice on other possible addons, I would greatly appreciate it. I've been reading posts and see a wealth of experience both real-world, and simulation, and I wanted to get your opinion on what I can do to make my flights even more realistic.Best Regards to everyone!Sergey Kireyev

You're covering most bases there I'd say Sergey! In fact I'm currently considering buying active camera for the ability to do a walkaround preflight.What about your AI traffic and ATC? Using anything there?

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

How about the new Radar Contact v4.1, from what I read in the reviews it should give a good and realistic ATC to your offline flights, including all kind of background chatter from the AI planes. I just bought it, but haven't received it yet (only comes shipped on CD). I'll let you know my experiences with it. (I hope for the best of both worlds: the realistic ATC experienced with online flying combined with crowded airfields form project AI or other AI add-ons)Arjen Nederstigt

Arjen Nederstigt

System:

Intel Skylake Core i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz / Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme / Kingston 2x8GB, DDR4, 2666MHz, CL15

Microsoft Windows 10 Home 

Guest SKireyev

For my AI, I use Traffic 2005. I have Active Sky 6, and like (if it wasn't for cloud shimmering, I would love it). I haven't tried any Radar Contact stuff, only because I thought that it doesn't interact with AI traffic (like my Traffic 2005). What I am looking for, more than anything, is something to add another dimension to the 744 in flight, like co-pilot interaction, lead FA, etc. Something on par with FS2Crew, or a similar product (FDC doesn't really measure up fully, there are some shortfalls). Does anyone use real-life AOM, SOP manuals, etc.? If so, are there any online as freeware. I would probably doubt it, but I figured I'd ask.Cheers,Sergey Kireyev

If your machine can run VC well, then I'd recommend TrackIR as #1 on the list.PatAMD A64 4000+ @ 2.6GHz, Zalman7700Cu cooler, Corsair XMS 1GB DDR, LTK6800GT-OC, Asus A8V MoBo, WDRaptor10KrpmHDD, TrackIR4, CH FSYoke + TQ, XP-hsp2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Guest gremel

Anybody on the forum tried the VOXATC which I understand is interactive voice ATC ??noullet

Until Bryan York turns his attention to an FS2crew version for the 744 we'll have to wait I'm afraid. But man, that'd be cool...I'm sure PMDG will work with Bryan on this one sometime this year.As for my setup, I've got most of the aircraft I want now, (barring one cargo example) and now I'm focussng on sprucing up my work environment.I have RC4 on order, just picked up Active Camera (so I can go see the pogo stick) and I am now looking at Flight Environment for clouds and sky, and Ultimate Traffic for AI. The AI has been the trickiest bit so far as I can't find any reliable comparison between UT and Traffic 2005. Out of curiosity, do the flights in these AI packages follow actual routing or are they direct great circle flights? I want to see lots of traffic on the NAT tracks when I fly the pond.

Mark Adeane - NZWN

I was going to ask... Does FS2Crew work with Radar Contact V4?Today.. I looked at FS2crew demo video.. It was nice.Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

VOXATC is crap. Do a forum seach and you will see.

Eric 

I think it should but I've honestly got no idea. I hope so!One issue you would encounter for sure is the potential for overlapping dialogue from each of the two apps, if they both used the same method for 'calling' the wav file it might result in conflicts.Anyone here have both RC4 and FS2Crew ATR? Any issues?

Mark Adeane - NZWN

Guest tmanaon

SergeyIt sounds like you really need to go down to your local airport and start taking real world pilot lessons or go ride in one of those real world pilot training simulators. Other than that, i thinks you've pretty much maxed out "as real as it gets".Anthony

Vox ATC.....is NOT crap!It is much better now with the voice packs and it's still in development.Together with 'FDC', VOX ATC' and TrackIR4, you will feel more immersion than you may want?Dave T. .........On the Devon Riviera and active 'FlightSim User's Group' member at http://www.flightsimgrpuk.free-online.co.uk/

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Terminator

RC4 and FS2Crew work fine together, it realy does add a lot to the experience. I use FS Navigator so that I can export to PMDG/ Level D aircraft FMCs and also to RC4 that way I get "real ATC" that corresponds with my flight. The only downside is that pilot voices do not match, in RC4 you will hear pilot voice communicating with ATC and in FS2Crew you will hear pilot interaction with other crew. So it would be nice to have a utility that allows you to record your own voice for FS2Crew and RC4. This would be especially nice for me as I have a pilot voice on RC4. I also use Flight Keeper 2, FS Passengers, Active Sky 6, Flight Environment UT Europe / US and VOZ. The problem is that sometimes you can spend longer setting up a flight than flying it!