Sign in to follow this  
Guest Vincent

I'm looking for a notebook that can play FS and PMDG744

Guest Vincent

Dear All,I'm impress with Dell's E1705, with the Duo T2600, 1G DDR2 667, 7800Go, and a 80G 5400 rpm HDD.I wonder is that good enough for FS on med. or high details w/ PMDG 744 and AVS 6. Does anyone has a clue?Thanks alot!!Vincent

The E1705 will definitely run FS...I just bought an XPS M140 btw, not for FS though! I needed something small...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I'm running FS2004 and my PMDG products on a Inspiron 6000 and I'm having no issues at all - in fact it works like a dream!

I have a HP ZD8000 with - p4-3.2, 256 meg x600 video card, 1 gig ddr2, 80 gig 5400 rpm hd and the high res 1680x1050 17" srceen. FS2004 with the PMDG, PSS, PIC737 and others - works great.The only chages to it I may do are increase the ram to 2 gigs and replace the hd with a 7200 rpm drive. Were I to consider replacing the whole unit the Dell xps notebook would be the top of the list. Dave

also, don't forget to get a lapcool2 or, something to remove heat away from laptop, because FS9 and PMDG products use alot of cpu power, and can overheat your computer and potentially fry your mobo!!! it happened to me... dell said that my mobo overheated. everything in a laptop is so close to each other, and overheating is such a major issue. "Are you running any programs that use a lot of memory/cpu processes?" dell, asked. *gulp* yep... FS9 and the QOTS!! good luckTJ

Guest truckinflyboy

I have a Alienware M7700, P4 3.6GHZ, 2GIG DDR MEM, Nvidia go 7800GTX, 17" LCD Clear View display, Dual HDD@7200rpm SATA RAID conf, Dual optical DVD Drives. Runs everything. It is considered a mobile desktop by Alienware. It does run warm though, probably should get some lq cooling.Had a Dell, 5400rpm HDD's are just too slow.

hi larry!are you enjoying your M7700? i was thinking of getting an alienware laptop... have you looked at the Lapcool2 (with extra usb ports)? It cools the laptop considerably... sometimes, the onboard cpu fans dont even turn on... saves a lot on their lifespan. and its cheaper to get a lapcool, then to replace cpu fans!james

Guest Vincent

I don't think heat will be a problem since I'm in Alaska. Maybe when it come overheat, I just throw it into the snow will help a little bit:P

Hey Vincent,I am running FS2004 on a Dell Inspiron 9300 with no problems.1G DDR,Nvidia GeForce Go 6800 using Active Sky,RC4,PMDG 747,Ultimate Traffic,Ultimate Terrain and even Ultimate GA traffic.Most settings on Med-High and traffic at 100% I have FPS in mid 20's.And WOW does she get hot.Can't hardly touch the bottom after a few minutes of flying.Not a good idea to lay it on a bed with a thick comforter as I may have done before.Believe I could have flipped her over and used as a frying pan.One expensive frying pan.Michael

Guest Vincent

I have one more question.I'm now thinking back and forth about upgrade the CPU to Duo 2G or upgrade the HDD to a 7200 rpm.Which one will have a better performance on FS w/ some other addons?Thanks so much~