Sign in to follow this  
Guest Phill

Fuel dump in 747-400

Guest Phill

Would someone explain to me the procedure for dumping fuel ,with the possibility of screen shots please.<747Next question IE. If you where flying the 737/700 from yssy to ymhb & had to divert to melbourne for example,,how do you delete the existing flight plan ?,,i understand you cannot add another flight plan mid flight.I just want to be able to get access to melbournes arrival "stars & runways". Thanks in advance for the help.Cheers Phill

I'll have a go, but you'll have to forgive me, I haven't got any shots to show for fuel dumping.1. First off, you need to turn the fuel jet selector to either A or B (this arms either system A or :(. On the ECIAS display you should now see a message saying fuel to remain (instead of the fuel temp) 2. You now rotate the fuel to remain switch to select the desired amount of fuel you want to REMAIN onboard (There should be an indication of the time for this procedure on the EICAS screen too). 3. The final step is now to activate the procedure, which you do by opening the covered jettison switches and push them. Your fuel will now start to be jettisoned and the FUEL display on the lower ECIAS (if selected) will indicate the fuel dump by magenta flow lines leading to the jett pipes on the trailing edge of the wing.I no longer have the 737NGs installed so I'll try from memory to get you into Melbourne :-)I'm not sure if the 737 FMC has an ALTN key, and if it does, I'm sure its not modelled anyway. Therefore to divert to an alternate, you enter into the scratchpad YMML and then on the RTE page line select to 1R. This has now changed your destination airport. You will now need to activate the change my pressing the EXEC button. If you now goto the DEP/ARR pages, you should be presented with the arrivals, approaches and runways available at the new destination.As I say, I don't have the 737s installed, so this is from memory, but I could be wrong. However I hope this helps.Regards

• Like 1

Alaister Kay

Guest Phill

Thanks Alaister,appreciate the help.Phill