Sign in to follow this  
Check_Airman

Virgin Atlantic livery variation

I flew that one for real yesterday,its a lovely aircraft,the oldest 400 we have,its has a realy nice bedded in feeling in the controls,a real pleasure to hand fly.I must get that download.cheersJon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Guest AJ

That's really interesting to hear, Jon. Do you generally notice much difference in feel between the individual 744s you fly? Somehow, I always figured that all the electronics and such on modern airliners would spell the end of individual birds having their own personalities. Nice to hear I was wrong.Andrew

there are quite a number of great virgin altantic repaints on avsim, i happen to think the default virgin atantic is the best of the repaints on the pmdg downloads page. gotta love the darkish silver with the red and black. i like this one reg G-VHOT simple livery but looks well and gives good performancehttp://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=81113so jon do you land real 744s better then you do with the PMDG744 in FS? :)

>I flew that one for real yesterday,its a lovely aircraft,the>oldest 400 we have,its has a realy nice bedded in feeling in>the controls,a real pleasure to hand fly.>I must get that download.>cheers>Jon I'm looking forward to fly in that plane again like I did this summer, so please let me know when you fly it again, to buy the tickets :-hah

Andrew,Normally you are quite right,you can`t,or at least I can`t feel much difference between the 400s.But there is just something about G-VFAB,which I`am guessing is because its worn in and older that makes it feel nice to fly.I think its getting on for 13 years old now.cheers Jon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1.