Sign in to follow this  
Guest mbalvetti

Intercept localizer with Queen

Guest mbalvetti

Hi, I have the magnificent Queen from about one month and, until now with some problems, now I am able to file a plan, to takeoff and to climb.When I try to land I follow FS ATC instructions, but I am not able to intercept the localizer, even if I am at the reqired altitude, ref speeed and with flaps as I write on FMC Arrival page. I even put on fmc radio page the ils-dme rw frequency and course, overwriting the existing ones. I push APP and in FMC I can see it in white, but nothing seems to happenP.S. Thanks for answers at my FMC problems. Everything is ok now and I learned how to close a plan in FMC.Thanks,Maurizio Balvetti

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

u have to describe more detailed what you are doing are u flying at a proper angel to the localizer? did you engange AP?did you enter frequency correct?and what do you see in white in the FMC? the only colour for FMC I know is green. Do u mayb mean the FMA?

Hi Maurizio,Perhaps you could send us a screen shot of your panel just after you arm the APP mode. We'll be able to see what's wonrg from there.Cheers!

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest mbalvetti

Hi, this morning i get the following image. I also made a chech in FMC and i discovered that on ECON CRZ PAGE the line TO T/TD was missing and that ECON CRZ 3/3 was blank.After the situation in the image i tried to push APP button but i received an FMC messave NAV INVALID.The A/P C and R was inactive.Many thanks,Maurizio Balvetti

Guest s_L_Y_F_a

ah now I see the problem you dont have set up a correct ILS frequency. You need to enter the respective frequency + the Runway heading into the NAVRAD page line 4L. If you have set up a correct ILS frequency your PFD should show up the frequency the heading and the Identifier of the Loc in the upper left corner.

Guest mbalvetti

Thanks a lot. But it seems to me that I did that as in the following image. Did I forget to do something after vor modification to activate it ?Thanks a lot,Maurizio Balvetti

Guest mbalvetti

Thanks a lot !!!For the first time today i landed at LIMC. Everything goes very well.Thanks to your suggestion and excuse me for my little experience, but now I am very happy with the Queen :)A little further info about two messages that i wrote down from FMC:1) DISCO INSERTED AFTER VOG (VOG was last fix in my plan ad appeared after insertion at landing of runway at earlier landing attempt. Today i canceled the fix before enter the runway and everything was ok in the route)2) RESET MCP ALT (i only pushed again on ALT button. it was wright?)Thanks again,Maurizio Balvetti

Guest nik_the_greek

Hi Maurizio!First of all congrats on your first landing!Now, about your questions:1) DISCO AFTER XXXX means AFAIK, that after the waypont the messages shows up, it is not clear to the FMC where to fly to next (maybe the next waypoint is missing?) This messages often comes up before the destination airport, when you need to select a STAR2)RESET MCP ALT comes up before you cross the T/D (top of descent). You have to enter a new altitude into the MCP, at which you wish your airplane to descent. E.x. if you are flying FL350 and you are nearing your T/D, the message comes up. Enter a new FL, lets say 10000 ft. Your plane will descent to this altitude and hold there, till you reset the MCP ALT again.Hope I couls help(I am quite new to the 747, so if anyone of you has to add something, please go ahead!)Have some more nice landingsNik