Sign in to follow this  
tf51d

Question on American Airline Livery 737-(800)

I have a question on the AA livery available for download on your site. I thought AA prohibited commercial developers to include it's liveries in their commercial products, without formal AA permission and license to use it. That is why developers have left it up to the freeware community to provide them. Some sites, have gone as far as hosting user repaints of it, but until I saw it on your site, I haven't seen one by the commercial developer provided. (The download does say it's from PMDG). Do you have this license? If not, how are you getting around this restriction, without the potential legal problem AA has brung in the past? Has their position changed on this?? I only ask because I saw that CS intends on releasing the AA livery with their new 757 package, and thought that would be a problem, until I saw PMDG did it too.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

My guess would be because they aren't charging for it. The livery is free for anyone to use. I could be way off though, who knows.