Sign in to follow this  
Guest Daniel Slade

How High??? and What is that???

Guest Daniel Slade

Hi all,2 questions are bugging me. Picture say's it all.No1I am flying at FL350, I think. The queen is reporting FL350 level. FS9 is reporting FL339, the wonderfull pilot reply to ATC thinks he is at FL343 and ATC is telling me to descend to FL350 as I am 600 above assigned.No2I have searched the manuals and can not find the answer so - What is the ND TDZ flag in the lower right of the PFD, jst under the climb indicator??All help is very much needed!!!http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142112.jpg

I can help you with the second question.The No TDZ flag means that you haven't selected an arrival runway yet.Karsten

>Hi all,>>2 questions are bugging me. Picture say's it all.>>No1>I am flying at FL350, I think. The queen is reporting FL350>level. FS9 is reporting FL339, the wonderfull pilot reply to>ATC thinks he is at FL343 and ATC is telling me to descend to>FL350 as I am 600 above assigned.>>No2>I have searched the manuals and can not find the answer so ->What is the ND TDZ flag in the lower right of the PFD, jst>under the climb indicator??>>All help is very much needed!!!>>>>http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142112.jpgDid you set your baro to 29.92 above FL180?- John

Guest Daniel Slade

Karsten : Thanks for the info, I did think that was the answer but I am still trying to find my way round the Queen.John : Pilot and Co Pilot Both set to STD and even changed the standby to 29.92, now the question is, pressing STD as seen in the picture, is that enough or do you have to set 29.92 THEN press STD??Thanks gentlemen, this is really annoying and happens on every flight!!Daniel

Guest Vincent

Actually for #1. I think that would be the default ATC problem.Since I have had this kind of problems before(Set STD or 2992 but still said I'm lower/ higher) So I already gave up flying for a long long time. That's annoying, I admit.Vincent (VHHH)

Hey Karsten,Sounds like you need to synchronize your kanooter bearings.And maybe your flange coupler is out of round.:-hah But hey I'm no mechanic. But seriously does this only happen while flying PMDG aircraft or does it affect all aircraft?I have a similar problem when flying (dare I say)other addons.But not with PMDG.In my situation ATC keeps telling everyone to climb to FL870.And scolds me for being 50,000 below assingned altitude.Definitely a frustrating situation.Michael

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hi Daniel,This happened in the 737's, I brought it up a long time ago but nowt happened and I guess it's slipped through into the 747.If it is the same bug as in the 73's you can fix it by setting your baro to 1013 (29.92) and then hitting the standard button.If it's not the same bug then sorry I couldn't help more :)CheersDavid

Guest Hawkeyeted

It's definately an FS9 thing. For some reason, even though you reset the altimeter to 29.92 (STD on the Queen and and NG), FS9 isn't smart enought to know it. If you were to set your altimeter to what the FS9 weather station is reporting (i.e. local altimeter), the alts would merry up. It happens when there is a significant delta between the STD pressure and local pressure that is causes the problem.

Guest Daniel Slade

Thanks all for the help once again.All now very clear.ThanksDaniel