Sign in to follow this  
Guest amsterdamer

How to install flight plans

Guest amsterdamer

Hi there I have just recently purchased PMDG 747-400 and I am not sure how to install new flight plans, can somebody kindly tell me please where and how exactly I can install flight plans, thanks.

Guest Hawkeyeted

Assuming you are using something like FSBuild, it will export them to the FS9/PMDG/flightplans folder.If you are using the FS default planner, PMDG FMC will not accept them. You need a converter (Google or AVSIM for one) to convert the default plan to the PMDG format.

Guest Phill

Go here free version of route finder.If you want the payware version click the link to the right.Assuming you get the payware version click "auto-routing" then select dep & arrival ,then click on store.Next thing to do is go to export flight plan ,then click on "flight simulator 200x".That will promt you to save it in .pln format,,"that file goes to" my documents/flight simulator files.Then return to route finder go to export flight plans again & click on PMDG747 ,it will promt you to save it in .rte format.This file goes to,my comp/?drive/program files/microsoft games/flight simulator 9/pmdg/flight plans.If you get fs build it has an automatic export feature,hope it helps.Phillhttp://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ http://www.fsbuild.com/

Guest amsterdamer

Ok, I have just entered my route of EGLL to HECA on route finder and it comes out with the route leg, now what do I do next in order to get this leg to work as my flight plan on my PMDG 747-400, thanks.

Guest amsterdamer

And another question is how do you convert the default fs plans into PMDG FMC, thanks.

Guest Phill

Are you using the freeware version of route finder or the payware version.Phill

Guest Phill

And another question is how do you convert the default fs plans into PMDG FMC, thanks.??????Not sure i know what you mean?.

Guest Phill

Here is the flight plan for EGLL TO HECA, courtesy of Ernies FS build.Phill

Guest Hawkeyeted

>And another question is how do you convert the default fs>plans into PMDG FMC, thanks.A program available on AVSIM called "PLN to RTE". Current version is 1.01.http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=35385Download it. It will convert your FS9 plans into PMDG compatable plans. Remember, both 737NG and 747-400 plans are interchangeable. Have the program export the plan, in .rte format, into the FS9/PMDG/Flightplans folder.

Guest amsterdamer

Hi have just recently purchased FS BUILD 2.2 can somebody please tell me how I could export this flight plan into PMDG 747 FMC and make it coincide with fs2004 atc instructions, thanks.

Guest Hawkeyeted

>Hi have just recently purchased FS BUILD 2.2 can somebody>please tell me how I could export this flight plan into PMDG>747 FMC and make it coincide with fs2004 atc instructions,>thanks.You have to go into the options tab and tell FSBuild where your programs are (i.e. FS9, PMDG, etc.) first. You then have to check which programs (via "Build Options") you want FSBuild to export to.To your second question, the FMC and FS9 ATC are in NO WAY interconnected or related. That is, at some time during your arrival, FS9 ATC will start giving you vectors and descents that may not be part of your flight plan. That said, when you export from FSBuild, you still have to load your plan into FS9 in the usual fashion if you choose to use it, then load the plan into the FMC (via "CO ROUTE").Personally, I don't ever use the FS9 ATC. I use VATSIM exclusively. You will get a much more realistic experience if you join!

Guest amsterdamer

Thanks guys for your help, theres one part to this I am confused on, when you go to the Export to menu on FS BUILD I click on fs 2004 which then is checked but I cannot find PMDG 747, can you advice me is there an alternative to this, thank you.

Guest Phill

If you check the 737ng it does both the 737& 747.Phill

Guest amsterdamer

I am still trying to install the flight plan using FS BUILD 2.2, but I still cant install it on PMDG FMC and FS9 flight planner folder, can some one tell me please how to set up the folder option as I am selecting fs 2004 and pmdg737 on the Export to menu, thanks.