Sign in to follow this  
Guest Delta07

737NG FMC question...

Guest Delta07

I'm here with a question about the FMC and CI.Ok, now I've read the manual a dozen times and believe it or not, I'm actually a "newbie" to the NG and FMC, since I recently just got the nerve in the past month or so to try to make it work (it can be intimidating if you're not used to it and have us FSNavigatior for years). Please don't pick at me or flame me, all I want to do is learn and understand completely.This is my problem. I'm using the 737NG to fly in www.virtualswa.com and they use a CI of 28 on their 737-300/500 and 36 in their -700's. When I put the CI in the field and have all the information complete in the FMC (I think, since it says 'pre-flt complete'), I don't notice anything different than if I had used a value of 000 or 999.I have the newest version-1.3 of the 737NG. Is there something I'm missing? I thought the CI affected the climb/cruise/descent, however, it doesn't seem to matter what number I put in there, I get the same performance.Can someone please help me out? Thanks,Fletcher R."scratching head in KLAS..." :-zhelp

I would have to say that the CI in the PMDG airplane is modeled fairly accurately.Example 1: CI 20 127,000lb FL370 CLB 288/.767 CRZ .767 DES .758/264 (In the real -700 264 is actually 261, still close)Example 2:CI 100127,000lbFL370CLB 315/.801CRZ .801DES .787/315Don't know what's wrong with yours. Do you have the -800/900 upgrade? Floyd

Guest Delta07

Hi:Thank you for that information. To answer your question. I do not have the -800/900 upgrade. Also, the numbers you provide are not what I get, below is what I get no matter if I enter 0, 10, 20, 30, or 100 or even 999. It always displays:CLB 293/0.781CRZ 0.781DES 0.781/293I think you may be on to what my problem is...do I need that upgrade? I noticed that in some other users screenshots that my "panel" looks a little different from theirs...hmmmmmmThanks,Fletcher

Guest tmetzinger

I believe the 800/900 add-on is required for CI to be modelled correctly (and it works for the -700 too). You also get TCAS and some other improvements, including an SWA-style EFIS/MAP layout for your displays. Highly recommended.

Guest Delta07

Tim:THANK YOU....THANK YOU....THANK YOU....After 3 weeks of trying to figure out why the CI was not changing anything, I believe I finally have the answer. I do not have the -800 upgrade in my files, I've have to look. As an avid simmer, you would think that I would have my ....well, you know together. It makes complete sense now. *:-* Let me see what I can do on my end and I will be back with an update to let you guys know what the deal is.Thank you all so much for your help. I would be just "crap" out of luck if I didn't have these forums to "run to". :-jumpy Fletcher R.