Sign in to follow this  
Check_Airman

Stick shaker on Takeoff

Hi all,I've noticed something on some of my takeoffs in the 744. Sometimes, while following the FD, the stick shaker will activate. The attitude is not near the pitch limit indicator, nor is the speed in the yellow band. When I reduce pitch so that the shaker no longer activates, the plane accelerates past the target speed.I'm using the latest version, as well as the latest FSUIPCWhat am i doing wrong?Thanks for any helpPaul

I have experienced exactly the same thing from time to time. I think it might be the result of rotating too fast and too steeply, at such a rate that the plane thinks you might rotate to the pitch limit and induce a stall at the current rate of rotation; hence the ghastly stick shaker noise. Try not to follow the flight director cues until well off the ground (say 50 feet or so) and climbing at at least 500 fpm on the VS indicator.JS

On the 747-400 it should take "4" seconds from VR to 10 degrees up. If you are going much faster than this then you are rotating much to fast................Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest rellehenk

I had the same problem once. Stick shaker AFTER take off when flying V2+20.

Guest Daniel Slade

Does the stick shaker not predict a stall BEFORE it happens, I would guess that if the speed should be low and start to bleed off towards a stall then the stick shaker will warn that the speed is being lost.Only my understanding of it??Daniel

My understanding is that the stick shaker is both a predictor and an annunciator. Jonathan