Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Sound files for Queen - Any progress ?

A while back there was some forum chat about PMDG doing new or revised sound files for the 744. I generally find the sounds to be pretty good inside the a/c, but disappointing in SPOT view in particular. Are we likely to see any re-done sound files in the near future?Thanks!Jonathan

Guest raymondt

There are sounds available in the avsim library. I suggest you try them, because i did, and i liked them. Kind regards,Raymond

I saw Devyn Silverstein's sounds for the Rolls Royce RB211-524G/H for the Boeing 747-400and Pratt & Whitney PW4056 for the Boeing 747-400Is this what you are talking about Ray?Are they any good?Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi,the soundset by Devyn Silverstein itself is fantastic and realistic - speaking for each one available. I recommend you to try them out but create a backup of the original PMDG files so you can easily reset the sounds if you don't like them - there is also a sample included which gives you a first impression of a take-off run. Check out the RB211 spool up sound, wow. After spooling up the engines are right in the background where they belong, so you won't here them screaming all the time. The thing that is quiet annoying is that the sound of the packs/systems -whatever- won't go away even if you switch them off. You also have to start your PMDG bird with engines running and then switch them back off again to start cold and dark, because otherwise you won't hear the packs sound until you start the first engine.

Hendrik Horeis

I appreciate the forum guidance for 3rd party sound files for the Queen, but none of them is quite right. I've tried several from the AVSIM library and usually some selected sound(s) is/are missing, or there is a sound imbalance somewhere, and/or you need to periodically hit "Q" to adjust certain sounds as you change views because of some mild corruption in the sound effect. I've had very good experience with Mike Maarse's heavy jet sounds in the POSKY series of 747-400s and 747 classics, using freeware panels, but the PMDG Queen has its own unique sound set and I was hoping for some news of a re-engineering of them because I had seen discussion about this some time ago. Jonathan

We're working on it guys - I know it's been that way for a while, but there's not much I can say right now. We are NOT forgetting about this and it's being addressed, including the crackling problem.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan:Thanks for the post and update. Appreciate it. Thanks for your efforts; the Queen is magnificent.JS