Sign in to follow this  
Guest bimbojimbo

Fs Navigator and PMDG 747 FMC

Guest bimbojimbo

Hi there,i wonder if any of you can help me - i've got the amazing 747-400 package from PMDG, and i'm currently trialling FS Navigator, and was wondering if there is a way of uploading a saved Navigator Flightplan into the FMC of the PMDG aircraft. I've heard that it might be possible to do this if you use FS Build, but have been unable to find conclusive evidence that it is/is not possible with Navigator.Anyone out there who can clear this up for me, and also provide an explanation of how to go about it, will get huge kudos from me!!thanks in advance...

Guest stevesj

HiOn the FS navigator website there is an optional export module to download and install which will offer export to pmdg. It was written for the 737 which uses .rte format, the 747 uses .rte2, but it's supposed to work ok. I havn't tried it so I am not certain.HTHSteveps - maybe post back your findings ?

Guest bimbojimbo

heyathanks for the info - downloaded the module file. seems to work ok in the 747, but will need to test it rigorously before i can be 100% on that tho!! works fine in the 737 tho...mint! cheers for the help

Guest Ray51

I use FSNAV for making a route for my weather engine and routes I do not have a prefered routing for. But I enter the route into my FMC manuallyRoute entry into the FMC is easy. as an example the route I use from KMCO to KORD is entered like this:CTY into rsk1J91 into lsk2ATL into rsk2J89 into lsk3KURTZ into rsk3OKK into rsk4this will enter the route CTY J91 ATL J89 KURTZ OKKthis reads as fly to CTY VOR then via airway J91 to ATL VOR then via airway J89 to KURTZ intersection then direct to OKK VOR.I then save the route in the FMC.Ray