Sign in to follow this  
Guest Delta07

I'm back with a new situation...

Guest Delta07

Geeze, leave it to me to have everything fixed and then have to come back with yet another situation. Sorry to keep bothering you guys but I need help with something I've never experienced.I had a flight all set up everything looked good in the FMC/MCP/OHD panel, etc...I was at the start of RWY 25R at LAS, I had the AT armed, the FD on and advanced the thrust levers to about 40%, after the engines stabilized, I pressed the TOGA button and away I went down the runway, speed picking up nicely, N1 active, then THR HLD and I was about halfway down the runway and then all of the sudden my engines went to idle. There were no alarms, fire or anything, the engines just went to idle...I thought "What the heck happened?" I was only just over 80 knots so I coasted to the end of the runway and took the last turn-off.Obviously, I did not do something I should have or set something correctly. Can someone help me out again? Please. I really appreciate the help I've been getting recently.Ok, I'm outta here for the night, it's been a long day of working on my problems here. I'm going to retire for the night and take the manual with me and read it and see if maybe I missed something in there.Thanks guys/gals,Fletcher R.www.socalhub.com

Guest dt1951

Stupid question, but did you install the patch? That solves the throttles problem.

Guest Delta07

Dan:Hi, Uhhhh, a stupid question on my end...What patch?? I just downloaded the 737-800/900 file last night so it's the version 1.1 Is that what you mean or is there something else I might have missed (in my scatter brained state, that's entirely possible).Fletcher R.www.socalhub.comP.S. I assume you've heard statement, there are never any 'stupid' questions. We learn from asking questions... :-)

Guest brettdonahue

80 knots I believe is the magic o-poo we need to abort speed, did by chance you touch your throttle control? And do you recall if you had the autobrakes set to (i think it is) RTO? I think if you change your throttle at 80knots you can auto abort the take off.Just me two cents, might be wrong.Bretthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest Delta07

Hey Brett,I'm pretty sure that I didn't touch the throttle during the take-off. I'm near certain that I had the auto-brake set to RTO but I will go back and try the take-off again.The situation is geeting more and more bizzare, if I arm the A/T just before I taxi onto the runway, something will not let me advance the throttle beyond idle, it's like I have not done something and it's trying to tell me, however, I get no visual or aural warning of such. It is completely baffling.I've re-tried the take-off at least 30 times, I'm sure and spent hours trying different ideas of things that I may have forgotten to do or not do but it's to the point where the checklist is almost completely engrained in my mind.What is so strange is that before I did the update to the -800/900 which of course adds numerous new functions to the panels and FMC, including what I needed most which was the CI; I was able to arm the A/T and set everything in seconds and then taxi onto the runway, advance the throttle to 40%, then press TO/GA and away I would go and have a perfect lift-off, and now, since the update, I can't even get the aircraft off the ground.I really want to find out what the problem is, I'm guessing that it's something I'm either not doing or should be doing but everytime I follow the manuals and/or tutorials, it just doesn't work and I've put too much time and money into this to let it go. I'm getting withdrawals from not being able to fly. I told Paul G. from customer support that I was stranded at CLT at the MX hangar trying to figure out what to do Any ideas/suggestions you might have I'll be happy to listen. I appreciate your time to reply to this post. Thanks.Fletcher R.