Sign in to follow this  
Guest tero_m

PMDG 747-400 Navaid Identifier Audio Signals

Guest tero_m

Hi all,I purchased PMDG 747-400 last weekend and everything is working fine so far. But I noticed one little thing: normally when you have tuned in a VOR you will hear the sound of the station identifier if you have activated the correspondent audio channel in the COM-Panel. It seems, that this will not work for the PMDG 747-400 quite well. What I hear most of the time is a corrupt audio signal. In other words: the morse code sound is cut off after the first beeps. Let

Guest Steffen Rabenau

Hi Wolfgang, sounds strange. The normal identification of VOR´s etc. goes via the ND left and right below if the VOR switches are switched on. You can see the BAM or whatever to be sure its the right beacon. I am not sure if the morse code audio is still on the 744 anymore in real. I am not an expert but it isn´t necessary anymore since you can see the three letter code on ND...This is the identification.I have no idea why the sound is scrambling, so might be not the best help...BestSteffen

Guest tero_m

Hi Steffen,I agree with you that it is not a big issue as you can see the navaid codes in the ND and permanently listenig to the morse beeps could also pulling on the nerves.Nevertheless I would like to know if the feature is modelled or not. I believe, it should, because there are clickspots in the COM-Panel. So you can try, if you get the same distorted audio as I do. On the other hand I did not found anything about these knobs in the manuals delivered by PMDG.So maybe a short comment from the team could be helpful. http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/142816.jpgBest regardsWolfgang