Sign in to follow this  
Guest pierre_f

Intercept a leg (FMC)

Guest pierre_f

Question about intercepting a leg and radial.My flight plan d

If you select YJN to the scratch pad and then put it on line 1L, the original course from COMAU to YJN will now be displayed on line 6R. Push 6R to select this course as the intercept and execute. You should now see the original magenta course line to YJN, 118 degree's.Floyd

Guest pierre_f

That's my problem.. this is not the same course when I put the fix at 1L the course at 6R differ than the real trak betwen COMAU and YJN.thanks

OK. Then insert the course you want which would be 118 degree's into line 6R and execute. Don't know why line 6R isn't offering you 118 first. Floyd

I think I see what you are concerned about but is normal for the FMC.After you have brought up the new fix to line 1L, it is normal for line 1L's course to be different from 6R. Line 1L is showing the current course from the airplane to the new fix. You'll notice that it is constantly changing. Line 6R shows the original course between the fixes before modification. You can accept this course by pushing 6R or insert any other course you want.Does this answer your question?Floyd

Guest pierre_f

Hi Floyd,I understand what you mean, but the procedure to INTERCEPT for me was not a DIRECT TO. They said in the manual ... to intercept a LEG. So it's a weird procedure to go directley to the next fix. This leg may be a J-route to follow.If I understand... I notice the exact track before I downselect (119 degre for COMAU-YJN) than I put this radial to match exactley with the original leg. (replacing the suggested 128 degre) than EXEI'm rightThank you in advance..PS: My friend, a real pilot on Challenger 604 said that this FMC beheviour is suspect. He said that the radial suggested in 6R must be the true radial of the leg.