Sign in to follow this  

Round the World Challenge - Part 4 - ASIA

Alright, Im official confused here. I guess we will need Scabbo for an officail ruling but it seems to me that the Baton is still in UAAH where it was left by Lowell. I went back through the other posts and this is what I came up with....hawkeyez:OAKB-UAAH___baton: 10:53 AM EDT___pirep: 1:23 PM EDTkelleym:UAAH-UAAA___baton:_ 1:24 PM EDT___pirep: 4:26 PM EDTAeromachines:UAAA-UAAH___baton:_ 4:33 PM EDT___pirep: 6:57 PM EDTenave:UAAA-ZWWW___baton:_ 5:01 PM EDT___pirep: 6:56 PM EDTemergency pants:ZWWW-_______baton:_ 7:33 PM EDT___pirep:What am I missing?(Man, I wish tabs or spaces worked in the forum)-------------Michael"The one fellow who is really broke in the air is the one who is out of both altitude and airspeed" (Wolfgang Langewieche, Stick and Rudder)

Guest emergency_pants

Well.. I'm well on my way... I hope the confusion doesn't set us back... but if that's the case, then so be it. :) I'll continue until I get a ruling?I'm going into a multiplayer host session... if anyone wants to join me in the 2nd half of my leg, feel free. IP 217.41.16.79 There won't be anyone else there aprt form people who join from this post.by-the-way... my hitch-hiker turns out to be a fine young fella... and bought a sturdy breakfast for us to munch on the way. Yum.Si.

Ahhh, free breakfsat, the joys of being a pilot!Would love to join the multiplayer, but won't be around tonite. I will definitely catch you in the future though. Have a great flight!-------------Michael

Guest emergency_pants

ok... someone's sent me cornflakes (on my player list)... LOLOL. Nice one!!! *munch munch*Si.

Michael...I don't think you missed anything. I've been scratching my head since I noticed that we'd done a circle out from UAAH and back again.Let's hope scabbo can make a ruling here soon cause I'm gettin' a headache just tryin' to read your list.Hawkeyez :-kewl

Yep, Aeromachines got the baton from me -- there was a little confusion as we changed threads (he grabbed the baton in the new, correct thread, however).Unfortunately, I posted a screen shot of my landing after the baton was grabbed, which apparently led to the confusion (my bad, but I couldn't figure out how to get a screen shot here on the forum so had to publish to my site, which was slow). So if you ignore the lastest leg (and go back to Aero's) I think we are correct there.It's this kind of thing needs full time monitoring -- perhaps a daytime and a nighttime monitor (or perhaps the monitor can pass off the monitoring just like the baton gets passed). Indeed, part of my initial confusion on posting was I thought the new thread was going to be established.Oh well, this is just the kind of thing you'd expect from a multi-person, around the world flight .

About the local time. Is that local for where you are on the PC? The airport of departure? A.M. or P.M.? It might help the next pilot in his planning to know as much of this as possible. Thanks. Lowell.Here is something I just found might help us.http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Guest emergency_pants

I'm making mypirep now...the baton is at ZMAH, Arvaikheer, Mongolia... and is freesimon.

Aeromachines: I got it on the way. Pirep soon.Depature 10:40 EDTDest: ZMBUETE: 2:00Pirep more later. Enroute now.

Boy, I go have dinner and see a movie, and all heckfire breaks loose! :)I looked at the posts and checked out Michael's accounting of them, which concurs with what I was thinking.Looks like LOWELL (Aeromachines) legitimately had the baton, as stated in the "Location Post" I posted immediately following the start-of-thread post. Shortly after that, Enave claimed the baton...though it was NOT up for grabs.This means that Lowell's flight was valid, and he landed at UAAH.To ME, from reading through Michael's accounting of people's times, it looks like Lowell got the baton from Mike Kelly, then went back the same direction Mike Kelly had come. SO that would place the baton currently at UAAH. I hope Emergency_Pants sees this! --Tony

The sort of confusion we had today is pretty rare, based on this past week and on the original challenge at flightsim.com.Part of the confusion was because of multiple threads being started in the afternoon (I did start the third thread yesterday evening, as promised, then stated I'd start another new one this afternoon -- which I did). :)Part of the confusion arose from folks not reading carefully, honestly. Enave claimed the baton a mere 2 posts or so after my statement that it was in the air.I don't think it's a good idea to change umpires every flight. That gets needlessly messy, introduces a WHOLE lot of variability in rules interpretation, and will only add to confusion.If I don't respond quickly enough, we can sure turn to Michael (lahso) who has kindly been doing our maps.--Tony

Guest Jim

I was going to jump in a fly a leg or two. Guess I'll wait it out till the flightplan is back in the correct order.Jim

Guest emergency_pants

It's 11:00am at ZMAH local time.Flight time: 2hrs 50minFuel used: 2346 poundsI got held up taking off because the plane needed refuelling.Thankfully, my passenger had decided to pay me for my favour, by buying us both breakfast for the journey. Nice bloke!!The journey was much longer than I'd planned. I decided to stay low at 13,000 feet for the major part of the leg, which burned more fuel and reduced my ground speed.The weather was quite clear, but there were thunderstorms over a 1/2hour stretch of the leg. Winds were light to moderate from 158 degrees.The scenery was interesting. I've never flown in China & Mongolia before. There were areas of flat plains, with mountains appearing every now and again. This is a high altitude area... my map shows ZMAH to be at 5931 feet.Thanks to Micheal (lahso?) and Lameduck for your company on the leg!!Capital of Uvurkhangai. Get some Mongolian tourist info here...http://www.samarmagictours.com/en_mon.htmHere's a shot of us all... and a local camel that took a liking to my rucksack. It must have been the cornflakes that someone sent to me. (who did that, by the way? LOL) Everyone knows that Camels LOVE cornflakes (?)Cheers,Si.

Guest emergency_pants

oh... does that make my flight a bit of a "non-RTW-leg" ????*LMAO* Oh well.. never mind... It was still a good flight & I hope you liked the pirep anyway!I'll pick up the baton again sometime soon... but will keep my beady eye on the journey in the meantime 8o)Cheers,Si.

Yup yup yup. Unfortunately, I think we'll have to simply call it a fun multiplayer flight. :)What's really sad is that Lowell picked up the "false" baton and is currently in the middle of an invalid flight.As far as I can tell, the "real" baton is STILL sitting at UAAH. It is still up for grabs at UAAH.--Tony