Sign in to follow this  
Guest topcat

Take-Off performance calculaton tool (TOPCAT)

Guest Hawkeyeted

Question:Is your intent to continue to offer this excellent tool to the FS community free, but have to re-register when the freeware license runs out?......Or, are we doing the Beta testing with time-limited license keys so that "we" find the bugs, with the "Final" being for sale?I don't mean to offend anyone, but I figure it bad taste to "product test" without the communities knowledge, just so one can develope a product that will be for sale......I'm certain this calculator has taken MANY man-hours to make, and I for one am grateful for your work. I'd just hate to see the community "used" in that manner.

Guest topcat

TOPCAT is NOT a commercial product!You will never have to pay to use TOPCAT or some additional features.If you like the program, you can of course make a donation.Using a registration key gives me the opportunity to see how many people use the program and if there is still any interest.Best Regards,Christian GrillTOPCAThttp://topcat.ofplan.net

Great to hear! i for one think PMDG should be mentioning this tool as it certainly has made flight planning a) a lot easier and :( a lot more fun! Its a great add on for the Queen in my opinion and i hope that it continues to be improved and developed.

Guest Hawkeyeted

Thanks Christian. That is all I wanted to know. I certainly didn't want to offend, but I needed to ask the question.I was party to being a "tester" for what "we" (other fellow simmers) thought was going to be a freeware product. Turns out that after three months of input and updates, "Wigglepin v1.0" came out for sale, and of course, our license keys had expired. Ergo; "We" now had to buy the product "we" just got done perfecting.Certainly you could see how that would upset a community.Thanks again for your hard work and dedication to a passionate crowd!

Guest Thrust-Master

Hello, christian.thanks for the great program.by the way, I'm just wondering how long it takes to get the registration code back.thanks in advance.

Christian,I have just been trolling the forums for quite some time. I have had some health issues and nothing really worth posting in a while. This was definitely worht posting over...I just wanted to take the time to post and thank you for this program. Not only is it an amazing tool but it is a tremendously educational tool as well. This is one of those things that exponentially adds to the realism of the pre-flight routine. I got my reg code within 2 minutes. One question, any plans to expand to other Aircraft such as T7 or 67 for example? Just wanted to take the time to say thanks,-Paul

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest topcat

You should receive your code IMMEDIATELY!If not:a) Check if your mail program put it in the spam folder:( Use the "resend registration code" feature on the homepage to send the code againc) Be sure you use the correct email addresIf you still have troubles, contact me at topcat@gmx.atBest Regards,Christian GrillTOPCAThttp://topcat.ofplan.net