Sign in to follow this  
Guest QF744

LNAV and ILS problem

Guest QF744

Hi, I have 2 problems. One with LNAV where either i take off and engage LNAV the plane flys towards the first programmed waypoint reaches it then just flys over it without changing to the next waypoint the plane continues on despite the top right corner of the ND showing the previous waypoint( as shown in the first screenshot),or the plane flys towards the waypoint then for no reason turns off course and starts flying in a big circle. The second problem this time regarding the ILS capture,is that despite the PFD indicating i have captured the ILS and am on the runway centre line and when i look at the runway ahead i can see i am lined up with it,on the ND it shows i am approaching the runway from an angle (as seen in the second screenshot). I have AIRAC 0513 installed,and i have the lastest PMDG 744 update installed. What could be causing these problems and how can i fix them? Any help would be greatly appreciated! http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/143061.jpghttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/143062.jpg

Guest D17S

The only thing I can think of is a miss-aligned IRU. Can you get it to duplicate. If so, press the POS buton on the instrument MCP and see where your PPs are. IRL, the ILS data would be 'real' (as it is here) and the ND/FMC/IRU group are off eating pizza somewhere.

Guest summersleep

Hi. I have the same problem as you and I have found the in this forum there a few others having the same thing happen to them.I got mine to work the first day I got my 747, but now it will not work,no matter how much I program the FMC..I also am unable to get the ILS to work on final..Anyway I am not sure what to do right now but the more I think about this problem I think there maybe a glich in the program somewhere.It's hard to find anyone on here who nows what's going on as they all say different things, starting to get bored of this problem as I have been at it for ages now... Help someone for all of us...Summersleep

Guest summersleep

Hi..What I found out to make it work in that the LNAV problem does not work, is that I uninstalled the 737 600/700 Aircraft and the 747-400 then turned off all background programs.Now I reinstall the 747-400 but not the 737 etc, and for what ever reason the LNAV will work! Now this is on my computer and this machine is kept in good order, so I wonder if there is a conflict somewhere..Good luckSummersleep

>Hi..>What I found out to make it work in that the LNAV problem does>not work, is that I uninstalled the 737 600/700 Aircraft and>the 747-400 then turned off all background programs.>>Now I reinstall the 747-400 but not the 737 etc, and for what>ever reason the LNAV will work! Now this is on my computer and>this machine is kept in good order, so I wonder if there is a>conflict somewhere..>Good luck>>SummersleepFirst of all please read the forum guild lines which state one must use their real real name on this forum, thanks.Second, the order to re-install the aircraft IF you own both the 737 and the 744 is to install the 737 first................Randy J. Smith................A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAM[h4]Evolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations[/h4]

Guest summersleep

Hi yes I do own both copys of the 737 600/700 and 800/900, and I know about installing them in the right order.I did this but LNAV will still not work as it should unless I remove them first!So there we are, just my computer maybe, but it would be nice to now why?Mark.