Sign in to follow this  
Djang0

737NG VC questions

I have the 737NG, but I imagine these could be asked of the 747 too.Q1) Is it possible for me to remove the VC cockpit reflections effect? I was wondering if doing this might improve my FPS, but I'd just like to know anyway.Q2) Is it possible for me to edit a cfg file so that I can change my default VC view position (I want my eyepoint to be higher up by default rather than manually changing it).

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

I take it the answer is no???

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

Hi re your first question I believe the reflective windshields is a feature unique to the 800/900. I don't believe you can remove them and I don't think you need to because it won't make a noticable difference in your sim performance.Yes you can modify your default eyepoint position by editing a CFG file. I believe that would be panel.cfg. But that's about all I can advise you on it.Hope this helps. Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI

Thanks Jason.I had assumed that cockpit reflections were effects and hence there would be a file in the fs9 effects folder for them. Can anyone else confirm this?

Regards, Django EGLL.

I am positive that relective windshields are polygons, hence part of the model. So unless the developers offer the option, users can't add or remove them at will.Jason

Jason

FAA CPL SEL MEL IR CFI-I MEI AGI