Sign in to follow this  
Guest RachPreC3M

PMDG Autopilot Panel Display Issues

Guest RachPreC3M

Alright... I'm having issues with the numbers in the Autopilot displays. The numbers themselves are very tight and the 0's and 8's show up as solid blocks. While the other numbers are distorted as well those are most significant.Now... I have scanned and scanned these forums and I have found 3 common solutions and NONE of them work.A.) I have ensure my Text size is set to 96DPIB.) My screen resolution is 1024x768x32 (I could have higher if I wanted but when I change resolution... even down to 800x600 there is no visual difference to me. Am I supposed to see a difference??)C.) I had a friend of mine who has the PMDG send me the Font files that were listed in one of the help forums where a guy said he replaced them and things were better.D.) I reinstalled the PMDG 737NG and 800/900 Series.None of these things has eliminated the issue that the numbers in the autopilot display do not show up properly.On a side note... I don't know if it's related... but somehow the numbers on the number pad of the FMC are messed up. It's not the appearance. It's the fact that I can click directly on a number and a different number will show up in the Scratch Pad. So somehow something is shifted and I can't actually click on a number to get that number to show. I have to click below it.Any suggestions on how I can fix these problems would be most appreciated.Thanks for your time.

Guest Hawkeyeted

Are you running in Full Screen mode or windows mode? If you run Full SCreen mode at 800x600, you'll get what you discribe. If you run in windowed mode, you can get down to 800x600 and should get correct displays.

Guest RachPreC3M

>Are you running in Full Screen mode or windows mode? If you>run Full SCreen mode at 800x600, you'll get what you discribe.> If you run in windowed mode, you can get down to 800x600 and>should get correct displays.I'm running windowed mode.

Have you tried getting the latest graphics drivers for your card?Have you tested in full screen mode? Does the problem go away?

Guest stevesj

Just a suggestion here, have you tried changing settings forcntrl panel/system/advanced/performance/settingscntrl panel/display/appearance/effectsboth contain font setting options.HTHSteve

In windows different system fonts are loaded depending on your resolution and if you are running in windowed or full screen as I recall. Read the reply further down regarding the display desktop settings via control panel.I believe some panel settings use system fonts especially the CDU/FMC.

Guest RachPreC3M

Well... I checked both ways. The font in "Appearance" is set to normal. Under the screen where the resolution is the font is set to 96DPI. Now... I did try to run it in full screen and the problem goes away. (Fonts Appear Normal in the Autopilot Display) However... When previously running the PMDG I didn't not have that problem at all either windows or full screen.Is there something else I could be missing?(After posting this I went in the performace settings. The only option I saw for fonts was something about smoothing the edges. I unchecked the box and there was no difference)