Sign in to follow this  
Guest angibson

New winglets from 747-800

Guest angibson

PMDG, Is there any way that you could create the new winglets for the 747-800 for the existing model? They are soooo beautiful from yhe pics i have been seeing. Anyway i thoufgt i would just askThanks,Drew

Drew,The 747-800 will be released next week, they've been very fast in doing a whole new model from the 744. And yes, it will be free.

Guest angibson

Is this really true? If so that would be awesome!

>Drew,>>The 747-800 will be released next week, they've been very fast>in doing a whole new model from the 744. And yes, it will be>free.>>>>when was this announced? its the first ive heard of it

Guest Hawkeyeted

April Fools! And, it ain't even April!

Guest angibson

I am really laughing

Guest angibson

Really it would be nice to hear from PMDG team on this. I was not talking about a new airplane just an option for different winglets.

You might be wrong here.Not only the winglets are different, the engine nacelles are different and lots of other stuff.I think the fuselage may also not be the same, wing shape, rudder height and so on.Moreover, I assume a serious team like PMDG wont even think about the -800s since there are up to now no compelte information about what the -800 will look like in the final stage of production.A new plane is often modified all along the production chain, and the final result is often quite different from what it was supposed to beat the begining.Check this out if yopu want:http://747.newairplane.com/747-8.htmAnd you seem to ignore the fact that the avionics will probably be way different from the old -400s -more like the 787 basically-

Guest AJ

I understand your sentiment, and hope you will not take this the wrong way. However, I just don't think you have thought this all the way through. I think this would go against much of what PMDG stands for. The 747-8 will essentially be a new airplane. Moreover it has not even flown yet. There is much about it that has probably not even been set in stone by the good folks who are designing her. Offering a couple of cosmetic enhancements to the -400 to make it look like a 747-8, would be insulting both to Boeing and to flightsimmers in general. It would be just as silly as the pseudo C-130-J that Captain Sim is offering as an addon to their Legendary C-130 product. It looks like a J, but does not fly like one, and more importantly does not have the cockpit of one. It's silly, and I doubt that PMDG would stoop to that level. Anyway its just an opinion. Make of it what you will.Andrew

>You might be wrong here Not only the winglets are different, the engine nacelles are>different and lots of other stuff.>I think the fuselage may also not be the same, wing shape,>rudder height and so on.> Moreover, I assume a serious team like PMDG wont even think>about the -800s since there are up to now no compelte>information about what the -800 will look like in the final>stage of production.>>A new plane is often modified all along the production chain,>and the final result is often quite different from what it was>supposed to be>at the begining.>>Check this out if yopu want:>http://747.newairplane.com/747-8.htm>>And you seem to ignore the fact that the avionics will>probably be way different from the old -400s -more like the>787 basically->Arnaud,What is he wrong about?Did you even read the original post?He only asked for 747-800 winglet option for current 747-400.A simple I doubt it would have been better than all the rambling and attitude.Drew, I doubt PMDG will honor your request for the winglet option.But hopefully down the road they will model the 800.Michael

Michael,I have read all his posts, but I see you havent read mine before you feel the need to post your smart comments.I simply explained that there are not only the winglets which are different, so no point adding just winglets on the current 744, that wouldnt be of usual PMDG quality.Rather than whining on any 'rambling', you could have just posted, for instance, something like: 'Yes, I'd like to see some 800s winglet on the 744 model too, even if that would be utterly unrealstic.'

"but I see you havent read mine before"Yes,unfortunately I did."I simply explained that there are not only the winglets which are different"He only asked for the "WINGLETS".That is all.The WINGLETS.Nothing more.So no further explaining was necessary.I do not know the original poster but I'm pretty sure he was already aware that there are more differences in the 400 and 800 then only the winglets as you keep trying to point out."Rather than whining on any 'rambling', you could have just posted, for instance, something like: 'Yes, I'd like to see some 800s winglet on the 744 model too, even if that would be utterly unrealstic"Actually I am not interested in only the winglets.The complete airplane,yes.Michael

Seriously doubt it - 1. we're not into doing fictional aircraft, and 2. the whole wing on the 747-8 is changed, it's not just the winglet...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest angibson

Thanks for the feeback guys i seem to understand the point of view taken here. As previosly stated it was just the added new winglets to the exterior not a whole design change.Thanks

Thanks a lot Ryan,I hope Michael is now able to see the light and understand.